Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Monday, October 29, 2007

Curio Cats

eclipse1384


Bean has all theselittle figurines she call "curio cats" all over the house. Some of them I guess are very expense and some of these are not. These two fit into the not catagory as he say she get them at the "Goodwill Shelter". She say they remind her of two cats that used to be in her life. One was named Eclipse that she had back when she was in high school. She was a domestic longhaired cat that she bring home from shelter. The other was named Goodwill (after the shelter?) because she was a cat that someone had moved and left at the apartments she moved into when she first moved to Florida. She describe her as a "group project" because everyone sort of look after her even though no one was owned by her.

Anyway, does long haired cats count as mini-panthers? or only short-haired cats? It was because he miss Eclipse that she go to shelter and get Phantom which is cat that owned my Bean before I did. She really wanted black long hair cat, but they not have any long-haired and Phantom begging to get out of jail, so she bail her out. She live with Bean many, many, many years. Unfortunately, she not break her of some of her bad habits, like running around chasing baseball males. It get so much harder to train humans as they get older and set in their ways.

Next weekend is 7th Annual Fall Pet Fest in Fort Myers. I will not go to this, but I will send Bean to take pictures. I am mildly concerned because there will pet adoptions there, but so far she has been good and not come home with unwanted brofur or sisfur for me when she go to these events. They will also have pet contest with prizes, doggie fashon show, flyball and agility demonstrations, pet photos, games, music, food, vendor marketplace, raffle, silent auction and more. I do not wish to be in contest, but having picture taken might be fun. Knowing Bean, she will like to look at all the vendor tables and find some fashions for me, which I probably won't be happy with. A nice neck scarf I do not mind, but a jacket is a bit much. Although one of the contests is "What not to wear" so maybe she will catch a clue? (Probably not, knowing Bean, she will probably catch a cold.)

We do dress up again yesterday and I finally have to threaten her with my powers of bubonic plague to get her to leave me alone. I did forgive her later though, and go sit on her and kneed her. It very important to kneed your humans, as this keeps them healthy. You should do this at least once a day. I did not sleep with her though, as she have restless night on Saturday and started out again on Sunday, so I go sleep on the sectional. This way, I get good night's rest.

Note: I know that some of you have problems leaving comments at Xanga. I do not know why this is, as it always work fine for me. Maybe it not like Mac or something. Anyway, I have been repurrrting my blogs over at Blogger so you may read my blogs there and leave comments there if you wish. It is just that I have many more pictures and videos on my Xanga site then I will have there.

3 comments:

Tybalt said...

Hurray! I finally get to leave a comment back for you! Those curio kitties look a lot like you. My mommy said they are very cute.

Lux said...

Those are cute little kitties!

MoMo said...

Why does your mom need curio kitties when she's got you? I tend to make my point by swiping all SS's curio kitties off the desk or shelves. Yep, they all fell prey to the gravity zone.