Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wondering Wednesday (and Meme)

TamaraMaew was wondering what the blue box is.

Blue box


It is a Cedar Box and Bean is using it for a lamp table because the had nothing else on that side of room to set the lamp on, the all the other outlets are full. She has a picture of her grandmother on it, who pass over rainbow bridge before I was born, a bobcat curio, a candle and a vase with roses in it on there beside the lamp. The roses are made of feathers and I have to admit to attacking them now and again, which is why some of the feathers are laying loose on the box.

Under the box is a little blue throw rug. Inside the box, Bean stores the extra bed linens and the throws and fleecies when they are not in use:

snowman throw


The cedar keeps the insects out of them - we gets lots of spiders - and gives them a pleasant smell.

Next to the box is a baseball case which is actually supposed to be hanging on the wall. We have CBS house, which is really good if hurricane comes, but which makes it hard to hang things. She has to borrow the noisy, drilling machine from the neighbor to hang things, so sometimes it takes her a while to get around to it. When it gets put up, it will look something like this:

baseball case


Next to that is a really nice painting of leopards that needs to go and get reframed because it fall off the wall and glass break. I should note that sometimes, even after using the noisy drilling machine, things will fall off the wall for no good and apparent reason because the cements crumbles or something.

Leopards


It is an original oil painting on canvas, but Bean did not paint it, she is pretty good artist, but not that good. Behind that is her Derek Jeter trophy pelt that also needs to go on the wall:

Jeter Jersey


Yes, I know. It amaze me that she get close enough to get the pelt off one of them too.

Vine Line


I’ve been tagged by Black Cat for the 7-facts meme, which I have done before, but which I will do again. Here are the rules:

* Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog;

* Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself;

* Tag 7 random people at the end of your post & include links to their blogs;

* Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

7 Random and/or Weird Facts About Me!

1. Despite the fact that I am a Florida Kitty, I HAVE seen snow. It comes in a big truck and they dump in the parking lot of the Publix SuperHunting Grounds where my Bean hunts. It stays there for maybe 2 or 3 days before it melts. Bean take me to see it last year. It is cold and wet and I think it is really overrated stuff.

2. I do not like to eat beef. Have you ever seen a cat kill a cow? Well then...

3. I have an escape proved cat harness. I have proved that I can escape it in under 5 seconds.

4. I will have lived with my Bean for three years on November 27th, which is also when I celebrate my Puuurrrthday. We will have lived in our house for 2 years in December, but the post office still have hard time find us to deliver our mail.

5. When I was learning to use the computer, I open a bunch of my Beans files and edit them while she was at work. Happily - for her - I had not learned how to save them yet.

6. I do not cough up hairballs much. I am shorthaired cat and my Bean brushes me regularly.

7. These are my kittens:

kittens


The last ones I had I groomed so much they fall apart. Bean bring these home, but she put them on shelf where I can't get at them!!! How I supposed to take care of them???

Just about everyone has done this me-me before, I but I would like to see my Xanga friends Pepper the Cheetah, Misty Whispurrs, B.J. & Little Bit, Tinkerbell, and Putter do it. And anyone else who want to do it too.

18 comments:

Gemini said...

I like your little kitties! I think that is a wonderful box that you have there. It is very pretty and useful too!

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

The cedar box is so beautiful! We love it!

~Marie and Casey

PB & J said...

I like your kitties - they're great! Thanks for sharing, we love to learn about our new friends.

Maggy & Zoey said...

We should like to have a cedar box, too... yours is full of treasures. And we like your "friends on the shelf"... they are good playmates we think.

Dragonheart said...

I like your stuffed kittens, Diamond. :) They are very cute. :) I enjoyed reading your 7 things and learning more about you. :)

Black Cat said...

Thanks for doing the meme, your answers are really interesting. Thanks for the link to the picture of the meezer eating corn on the cob - just great! Shows that William wasn't the only cat who likes it:) xxx

P.S. Your Xanga comment thingie is still playing up. It wants me to enter a word verification code but it doesn't show what it is!

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Mom sez dat yoor mom's gotta get some plastic things calle "concrete anchors" they look like a plastic screw wif a hole in da middle. Den yoor stuff won't fall of da wall anymore.

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

What cute kittens! I think you need to jump up there so you can take care of them. How cute you must have been grooming your other ones.

What pretty birds on your cedar box, and the painting of the big kitties is amazing.

Has Jeter Harris seen your Derek Jeter pelt?? He is a HUGE fan!

Captain Jack and Dante said...

Our Mommy has a box almost just like that one! She loved it and we think it is still at our Nana's house.

Tybalt said...

That cedar box is lovely, and so are your kitties! My mommy has a jingly giraffe stuffie that I steal from her bed and groom all the time.

The Cat Realm said...

Those facts were wonderful! We laughed because you are a funny kitty!!!

Mickey said...

Hi Diamond! Glad you came here because I could not leave a comment yesterday at Xanga.
Thanks for the pics.I really like the box,it's painted very nice.I see your Mom is a BIG baseball fan,heehee
Mom brushes me almost every day too.It keeps my furs shiny and it feels good!!
Purrs

Eric and Flynn said...

hi diamond, we're glad yer on blogger now cuz we can't visit yoo at Xanga. That box is furry byootyful.We like all yer kitties too.

Willow said...

I love all of your stuffed kitties and that beautiful cedar box too!

Purrrrrrs, Willow

Gretchen said...

Aww, you have very pretty fluffhead kitties.

Hugs...G

One-Eyed Jack said...

I don't like beef or snow either! Lucky you, not to have to deal with the snow!

I noticed a few posts back that you were worried about Santa's Vishus Reindeers; it's all a Big Lie!!! Come to my blog and click on the "The Big Santa's Vishus Reindeer Lie" icon in my sidebar, under my profile!!

So don't you worry! Us North Vishus Deer-Hunter Kitties are watching out for all you southern kitties!

Marilyn MonREOW said...

Awwww, what precious little kitties! And I love the picture of the leopards, too.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Parker said...

That was a very good Meme! It's great to get to know you better!