Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wondering Wednesday: Boxing Day

Diamond Emerald Eye


"Boxing day is for sitting in boxes. What do you mean no?"

It's not for taking the boxes outside either, which is what some of my Canadian friends think boxing day is for.

Evidently back in England, dating back to the middle ages, Boxing Day was when the nobility would give gifts to the lower class.

Catsmas was the day gifts were exchanged between peers.

"So technically," I say to my human, "boxing day is when your boss should give you gifts, right?

"What do you mean, slaves don't get gifts?"

I think it was especially kind when the nobility gave the lower class kittens for boxing day, because that would help them with pest control, but I could find no information to substantiate this theory of mine.

Meanwhile, since I get presents, I still say I get to sit in the boxes for boxing day.

Click here to see exciting pictures of me getting swallowed by Catfish!

6 comments:

Parker said...

Boxing Day...I never knew how that started! I have learned something new today, thanks Diamond!

Cat-a-holic, Lilly and Laila said...

Thank you for the Boxing Day lesson. We prefer to think of it as a good day to sit in boxes too. That fish is very scarey and lifelike!

Hot(M)BC said...

Happy Boxin Day (and now we know what it's about hehehe) and Meowy Chrissymouse from alla us slow cats who's behind cuz the Mommy wouldn't sit still and type but hadta go bisit fambly n stuff instead.
Purrrrrrs,
Sanjee and the resta the Hotties

Cheysuli and gemini said...

I think I should celebrate. I love to sit in boxes and play in them. It's a lovely holiday. I think all cats should adapt a day like Boxing Day to suit themselves.

jan said...

We do enjoy the historic perspective presented by amazing cat.

MoMo said...

Haven't visited for a while because SS has been busy. Yes, not an excuse. Hope you had a great Christmas. I like your fish stocking and the toys. I was a bit worried when you said you got swollowed by a catfish. I have boxing day everyday because I sleep in a box instead of the well upholstered wicker basket that SS bought especially for me.