Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sad Sunday

Photobucket
Easy like Sunday Morning


The Mosaic clan ask about Bean's sister. He go home from the hospital on Thursday, almost 2 weeks after she go in. She was supposed to leave on Wednesday, but had another seizure, fall down and hit her head and have to have stitches.

Bean's mother say she still not right, but Bean says she has always been "off". Just a matter of how far from normal you want to get. To date, she has been behaving herself at home and there is no drinking. Her S.O., George, is dishing out her medications so that she can't over medicate herself.

(It should be noted that George drinks this alcohol from time to time as well, and they were both off being roaring drunks at the time this whole episode started.)

Sadly, however, her husky Sky had to be helped to the bridge on Saturday. Sky have this epilepsy his entire life, but his health had deteriorated badly over the last year. Saturday he was so bad he could not lift his head anymore, nor get up to go outside to relieve himself.

A lady vet came to the house to help him to the bridge. Then they bury him the back yard.

They had found Sky many years ago as a 6-month old puppy wandering around their neighborhood. They checked all over, since was a valuable dog, but could not find an owner or anyone who claimed him. So he end up living with them. After his first seizure, they decided that someone who have him did not want the responsibility of taking care of a sick dog, and so they dump him.

Sky was over 10 years old now, probably around 12 or 13. He had to MCL replacement surgeries about five or six years ago, and recover from both.

Aside from Sky, they have a beagle and a big mixed dog that they recently get named Buddy. Buddy, when he come to the house, did not like Sky, who was old, and was alway intimidating him.

(Again, I am happy to be only Cat. No one to push me around.)

Hope you all have a peaceful Sunday, and I hope to hear that Annie and Maobert have come home safely.

14 comments:

Kaz's Cats said...

Oh Diamond, we're so sad that your doggy cousin Sky had to be helped to the Bridge on Saturday. At least your bean's sister got to go home from hospital and be with Sky before he went to the Bridge.

Purrs from us

Gypsy & Tasha

Parker said...

I am so sorry. Such sad news...

Cheysuli and gemini said...

I am sorry to hear about Sky.

Mickey said...

Diamond,I am very sorry to hear about Sky :(
I am glad he had a good life though.
I hope your Mom's sister continues to recover.It must be hard on your Mom and the family.
Purrs Mickey

Artsy Catsy said...

Diamond, we're so sorry to hear about your woofie cousin Sky. And your poor mom, dealing with family problems. Alcohol can devastate families.

Rocky

Tesla said...

I'm so sorry about that... thats really really sad...

Momma says.... she helps babies to the bridge all the time... its really really sad.

-d ma said...

Sorry to hear it's such a sad Sunday. It sounds like even through their own troubles the family gave Sky a good life.

ML (Mary Lynn) said...

KC said...
How sad to hear about Sky.
I's got your bean's sisfur on tha Pet Prayer & Praise list, will update to add Sky.
Such sad noos. We are all purring an purr-raying fur your sister.
Love & Purrs, KC

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

I'm so sorry you're mommy has has such sad stuff happening. We'll keep you all in our prayers and purrs and stuff.

I'm sorry about your woofie cousin, but am glad he had his mommy home with him.

Gretchen said...

I'm sad to hear about Sky, but I'm glad he is in a real happy place without anymore disease and pain.

I'm glad to know your bean's sister is getting help.

Hugs and purrs, G

Gretchen said...

I forgot to tell you that I have a little award for you on my site for when you come to visit again.

Hugs...G

jan said...

I hope Bean's sister is soon in recovery. Humans can find so many ways to hurt themselves. We know Sky is now in a better place.

Misty the alpha Poodle

Pablo said...

That's very sad about Sky. Hope that things work out for your bean's sister.

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Oh, dat is so sad about yoor woofie cuzzin. At least he found a good home when he was a baby and gots abandoned! Hope beans sisfur does better now...