Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tattle Tail Tuesday

My Bean is a collector. This is just a nice way of saying she is a pack rat. Seriously. She even admit she is packrat.

While I believe that some of her things may be legitimate collections - like the curio cats - other things are just trash that she can't seem to bear to get rid of.

Photobucket


Once spring cleaning comes around, her ears grow long, her nose gets pointed and a tail pops out her back end. "No!" she wails, clutching some useless piece of garbage to her. "We may NEED this in the future!"

Oh, please.

SOME of these things might be worth something SOMEDAY down the road. Like the autographs for sports and entertainment personalities she collects. But broken bats from the worst hitters on the local teams? I know, she just want those to remember "her boys" by.

We also have collections of baseballs, hockey sticks and pucks, Miami Dolphin football things and other sports related stuff. Then there is all the books and CDs. I can almost even believe that her used ticket stubs are a collection but only because she keeps a ticket stub journal.*

ticket journal


But....how do you justify a collection of condiments?

condiment collection


I mean...what possible use could you have for rancid relish somewhere down the line?

At least she has not gone over into draconian proportions in her desire for material objects. At least, I do not think she has. But then she comes home from Blockbuster and say "Did you know they just released a new two-disc directors cut edition of Spiderman II?"

"You already have 2-disc edition of Spiderman II," I meow at her.

"But it's not a director's cut!"

See, then I worry. Because it not have pretty green cover it not as good? I mean really? I think we can live without this.

One day I must really clean the (pack)rat out of this house.

* Bean use materials she get from scrapbook shop for her ticket journal, but if you search on e-bay, you can actually find ticket journals for sale. I just thought I would mention before you ask.

24 comments:

Daisy said...

Okay, I must agree, the condiments are probably not true "collectibles"!

Parker said...

Yup, probably could toss the condiments!

Kellie The Orange Cat said...

But...what if McDonalds goes out of business...then people will be bidding like crazy on E-Bay for McDonalds condiments!

Gandalf & Grayson said...

Condiments = bubye

Sunny's Mommy said...

Hahaha! That's very funny. I do agree with you about the condiment collection, she needs to throw that OUT!

Have you given any thought to selling your bean's ticket journal on ebay? You could buy more movies, treats and toys with the money you'd get for it!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Perhaps she is related to the Male... he is quite the collector, including that of condiments. Do you know how much Taco Bell hot sauce we have?

HRH Yao-Lin said...

hehe oh that is criminal! She should only collect feline related parephernalia. Hehe great tattle!

Tybalt said...

I agree about the condiments. Can you believe that my mommy has the same problem? It's pretty scary when you look in our fridge.

jan said...

Our human had a huge shoe collection once. They were delicious.

Misty the alpha Poodle

Cat-a-holic, Lilly and Laila said...

Our packrat thinks your packrat's collections are way cool, especially the ticket stub journal. Why didn't ours think of that?

PB & J said...

Yep - our beans have a condiment collection as well - crazy!

Mosaic Cats said...

Wow. This tattle makes ML sound normal. She only hoards empty boxes.
No, wait...that's only 'cuz I've not tattled for weeks now. I've forgotten (supressed)how insane she is.
I need to get back on my program, DEE.
Nanners Bananers

Mickey said...

Mom burst out laughing at the condiment drawer!!! Hahahaha!
Yup,your Mom is a pack rat! I think mine is too.She says she is cleaning all the time but the place looks the same :)
Purrs Mickey

Wrigley & Cobalt said...

Wow that is a lot of stuffs!!! Furrr real, we agree she should toss the condiments.

Boots & the Interlopers said...

Hrmmm, maybe if you placed the condiment packages at the right angle, stabbed them with a claw you could make a pretty "painting" over a wall or something. That might be a collectible someday.

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Ack and ick...do we need to say more?

michico*Adan said...

Collection of condiments is really amazes me!

Karen Jo said...

I also think that the condiment collection could go. Not that I'm not guilty of saving up unused ketsup packets myself. I sympathize with your Mom because I have a lot of stuff around that I just never seem to get around to getting rid of.

Ramses said...

I'm pretty sure the condiments is one collection too far! ;)

Kaz's Cats said...

Hmmm, that has to be the greatest collection of condiments that we've ever seen - we've got to comment and run so Mum doesn't see it and get any bright (or not so bright) ideas,

Purrs

Gypsy & Tasha

Tamra Maew said...

The condiments need to go, when my lady servant was a kid, she had to pour the ketchup packs from McDonald's into the home bottle because her mother's boyfriend of the time was of the penny scratching variety, so on that note she says you need to get rid of those! Awesome tattle!

Purrrs,
Tamra

-d ma said...

You never know when the great ketchup shortage is gonna occur. Hope your bean has her Phillip Humber autographp baseball.

Chance said...

Myne Mommie duz da same tings too. She haz basket of BBQ sawce frum McDunalds. She donna evan lyke it! Oh an yoo noe she gots lyke a squillyun books dat she reed wunce and keeps jus in case she wanna reeds it agan. But den she by noo book an neva reeds dem agan. Beans arr jus weerd.

Chance

Kelly Cat said...

Ah, Diamond, humans all have their own personality quirks. While we cats live for today, enjoying each moment in the moment, humans are too often in Yesterday or Tomorrow until Today is gone. But your human loves you, so she knows what's really important.