Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wondering Wednesday - Animal Actors

Diamond of the Caribbean
Here I am trying out for a role in the new Disney moovee: Pirates of the Caribbean - Quest for the Black Diamond


Did you ever wonder how to become a Celibri-cat? I mean, I know Chey has become a Celbri-Cat since she announce her candidency, and everyone knows Skeezix, but what if you want to work as a product spokes Cat? How about playing opposite of Toby Maguire in the next Spiderman film or purrrhaps being a Bond Girl?

There are several different agencies that provide animal actors for work on TV, moovees, and as product spokes persons. Sometimes a product will draft their own spokesfurson.

Morris for example, came from an animal shelter. He was layed back and didn't get scared when the talent scouts clapped a couple of trash can lids togther. So they take him.

If you are an average house cat however, you still might be able to active your dream of becoming a famous Celibri-Cat. Hollywood Animals allows yourself to register as an animal actor. You do not even have to have advanced film training, they can send an advisor to work with you if you are cast.

However, some of the behaviors that actor and actress cats do on request are as follows:

Snarl
A to B
Jump
Lie Down
Go to a mark
Run
Work together
Rub
Lie on side
Wave & swat

Candidates should know basic obedience commands (sit, down, wait, recall and stay) and have good leash manners. If you are in California, Hollywood Animals now offers a special Studio Dog Training Class, which is similar to dog acting school.

You should be able to work despite lots of distractions since all sorts of things will be going on around you while you are making a moovee. You should aslo be comfortable in crowds, with small children, with other animals, and around motor vehicles and machinery.

They suggest getting AKC Canine Good Citizen certification for dogs and/or Therapy Animal certification for Cats, Dogs and other animals.

The American Humane Association has been overlooking the use of animals in films and TV since 1940. Visit AmericanHumane.org to find out more about the Guidelines for the safe use of Animals in filmed media.

Remember, it may take some hard work to become a famous Celibri-Cat, but working in films and on TV can be a fun and rewarding experiencing, both for you and your humans.

Vine Line


Thinking Blogger Award Kitty Limericks has given me a Thinking Blogger award.

Karen Jo writes: "I would like to pass this award on to Diamond Emerald-Eyes because her blog has so many posts about very interesting subjects that always make me think."

I have recieved this award once from Mo-mo, I am just being lazy about putting it on my sidebar. However, another one is most welcome.

I have already handed this out once, and so I will not do it again just now, but this does not mean I won't hand it out again later.

15 comments:

-d ma said...

My cat Thompson is the best snarler ever. I wonder if they'd discriminate against his disability of missing a front leg.

Artsy Catsy said...

I would love to be a celebricat, but "behavior on command"? I don't think so!

Diamond, thank you so much for your birthday wish to my sisterbean. It helped turn a sad day into a very happy one, my friend!

Purrrrs,
Rocky

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Basic obedience? Ick no! We refuset o do anything some silly human tells us so we guess no celebrity for us.

Team Tabby said...

Are you thinking for trying out for a screen test, Diamond?

purrs,
Mindy & MOe

Daisy said...

I sure wish I could be a celebrity cat! But I get very nervous if I am not in my own home, so I do not think I would be able to act around strangers.

Black Cat said...

Diamond darling, I'm so sorry, I LOVE the award you gave me. I put it in my sidebar and was going to write a post about it but got distracted. I am going to rectify that right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you and sorry, sorry, sorry! xxx

Tybalt said...

Diamond, I think you are purrfect for that role!

Thanks for all of the information. Mommy has often said we are all gorgeous enough for film, but I really don't think any of us are well-behaved enough for that kind of work.

jan said...

Humans try to get us to make a lot of moneys for them. Fortunately "basic obedience" is not something I care to master.

Taki the Cat

HRH Yao-Lin said...

That is a very very interesting post. I would have a lot of trouble with obedience and secretly, I think I would upstage the lead actors with my stunning good looks.

I'm just saying!

xx

PB & J said...

Well, working together - I think that leaves us out!

Sultanfus and Guy said...

Guy is great on command but unfortuntely he is so nervous he would probablly poop. Unless that is what they were looking for. HA!

Kellie The Orange Cat said...

Congratulations on your award!

I would like the attention and money that being a celbricat would bring, but I am not going to learn any commands! How dare they even suggest it.

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Blush. Thank you for thinking I am a celebricat. Everything I learned I learned from Kukka Maria.

Mickey said...

Hummmmmmmmmm, a celebricat! Could be fun,except for all the paparazzi! On the other hand, Britney does not mind the paparazzi ;/
Purrs Mickey

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Being a celebricat might be fun, but really, doing things on command, we don't think so...