Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Sunday, February 24, 2008

Blurry Head Syndrome

I have this terrible malady that I have not told anyone of before. Frankly I was too embarrassed to admit that I had it, and was very concerned that it might end my budding modeling career. So I keep it to myself.

I am afraid that I have had this for years as well, but have only recently noticed it, when Bean start taking picture of me. Being an only cat, no one of course tell me about it and Bean I'm sure it too polite too mention it, even though I'm sure she's seen it happen.

But the other day, I was reading Pablog, and notice that he have it too. So then I start looking at blogs of other cats and I discover that purrhaps, I'm not alone.

In fact I now believe that hundreds, perhaps thousands of cats all around the globe suffer from these episodes.

It is called Blurry Head Syndrome (BHS) and it happens when your head blurs, much like this:

holiday


Often, I have noticed a clicky sound right before my head blurs and sometimes it includes a flashy light as well. It does not happen all of the time and is not otherwise painful.

Usually when I find a picture where my head as blurred, I delete it because I don't want other cats to see and take pity on me. But now I think that with proper research and experimentation, we can end BHS.

Wouldn't it be great for future generations of kittens to live in a world where their heads never blurred?

So now I am asking all Blogosphere cats and share their episodes of BHS with me, and to tell me of any symptoms that may occur right before you have an attack. Also let me know if the bluriness hurts you in any way, as perhaps other cats episodes are different than mine.

I take this research very seriously, so please help me in collecting this data so that future generations will be clear headed all of the time.

Vines Line


Inspiring Blog Award Mickey has given me an Inspiring Blog award. I notice this award is from 2007 which will now confuse the human again, as I have just got her to write 2008 on everything. But that is okay. It is a great honor to win this award. Mickey's blog always inspires me with his great photography.

I would like to give this award to Daily tales of Chase, Missy, KC, and Bear, and Yao-Lin's Yawnings for their inspiring stories, and Zoolary and Purrchance to Dream to for their inspiring graphics.

22 comments:

Tesla said...

Yes diamond, i have blurry head syndrome as well... quite frequently too...

I will share my next blurry head event with you. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Maggy & Zoey said...

Bbb..lll..urrry. Oh have we gots BHS in our house, both of us gots it and we gots it really bbaadd. However, we blame it fully and totally on the Zoolatry Human who not only has very bad eyesight in spite of the spectaculars she wears, but her paws are shaky most all the time and she has a blurry head herself even without the aid of a camera.

Mickey said...

WE have that too!!!!!!! All three of us ! Just like what you said.It happend about the same time I hear a faint click.Know what else,Mom is always there too! Hmmmmmmmmm!!
Purrs Mickey

Eric and Flynn said...

Yep we suffer wiv blurry heads too sumtimes. It's worse when mum uses a night setting, then our blurry heads spread all ofurr the pikchur. Nuffin escapes the blurries.

Parker said...

You are not alone Diamond - I can assure you of that! Mommy deletes the blurry heads on her camera tho - I can't show you, but trust me, I have it!

Little Productions said...

Yes, Diamond, you are perfectly right, some of the entries on the Red Carpet Buzz are not eligible for voting. We did notify the voters who mistakenly cast their votes for those and it will be corrected!
Thank you for voting!
Little Productions

-d ma said...

very courageous to come out and admit the bhs problem. thanks for taking the lead in addressing the issue.

The Devil Dog said...

I don't think you are alone, Diamond. I am not sure, but I might have had that from time to time.

Roxy

Lux said...

That BHS has happened to me as well!

Congrats on your award!

Forty Paws said...

Yes, we have blurry head syndrome on occasion as well. And we also get weird glowing eyes. Those are spooky.

Concatulations on your award!

Luf, Us

Daisy said...

I have that syndrome, too. And I have noticed that Squinty-Eye Syndrome often precedes the blurry head. As soon as I hear the little beep from the camera before the click, I start squinting in anticipation of the flash.

Jewelgirl said...

Yes BHS over here too,I also
have the Blurry Body Syndrome
when they run & hide after there's
too many flashes in their eyes. :)

Chairman Mao said...

ConCATulashuns on yur awardie! It's furry well deserved. And I not only have flurry head syndrome I have flurry -- I mean BLURRY -- BODY syndrome!!!! The flashy light and the clicky ackompanies it -- and I'm just a total blur, you can't make out much of MaoMao! It's furry furry strange.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Hot(M)BC said...

Yep, we all get BHS sometimes. It's kind of annoying and we hear the faint click too.

Fanks for joining the Carnival of the Cats this week!
Purrrrrrs,
Mini and the rest of the Hotties

Marilyn MonREOW said...

*giggle*, I don't know about blurry head syndrome, but I definitely have furry head syndrome!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

jan said...

We thought cats were just disguising their identity because of nefarious misdeeds.

Misty the alpha Poodle

Jimmy Joe said...

Oh man, I know just what you're talking about. It can catch you right in the middle of just about anything--napping, bathing, playing...
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

I thought I was the only one too! I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'm sure mommy still has come of my BHS photos on the computer. This happens fairly often to me.
I'll get my posts up right away!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

thank you for the wonderful award!

Also, I too suffer from BHS on occasion. The human claims that when this happens, she can see blurry horns growing from my head. I have no idea what she means. x

Sunny's Mommy said...

Sunny and Ollie have it. Ollie has it the worst. It has only rarely happened to Rascal.

I'll have to ask them about their symptoms (sorry I haven't yet and they're sleeping). I do know it also only happens for them when the flashy box is out.

Sunny's Mommy said...

PS: Congratulations on your award :-D

Sunny's Mommy said...

PPS: I just recalled that Ollie's BHS will always occur when she headbutts the camera.

I believe I've mentioned before that Ollie loves the camera.