Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Sunday, February 10, 2008

Catnip, correspondence, and award

VD window dressing


With Valentine's Day falling this Thursday, February 14th, I have a week full of love (more or less) planned for you here at my Lair.

However, today I wanted to address some things from the comment bag.

In regards to my artwork and my preferred media of Styrofoam, I do not eat the Styrofoam. I have learned that I only have limited room in my tummy, and I prefer to reserve that room for good things, like Temptations.

No, the Styrofoam does not stick to my furs. Because we do not use artificial heat in our house, I do not have a problem with static cling. I have noticed a number of cats do have this problem however. If you are having problems with static cling, have your human rub you down with a sheet of Bounce in-the-dryer fabric softener. This will defuse the static cling and there is nothing in the Bounce that is toxic to small animals, so it's okay to use on your furs.

Yes, she must use the sucky monster to get the Styrofoam off the carpet when I have finished with my projects.

Our sucky monster does not make a lot of noise however, so it doesn't really bother me to have it suck the carpet.

Gandoff and Grayson mentioned about storing DVDs in books instead of in cabinets. My Bean does use books, mostly for her photographic CDs and some of her music CDs, but she prefers to hang onto the cases for the DVDs. She also keeps some of the music CDs in cases as well. We have a CD and DVD store in Cape Coral that buys and sells used CDs and DVDs, and if she does not have them in the original case, she can't sell them. Much like her books, she will occasionally cull her collection, taking in things she did not like so much in exchange for something she might enjoy better.

Tesla asked about Catnip. Catnip can be used in toys or it can be used loose. It depends on how you like to enjoy your catnip. Many cats on the Blogosphere have catnip bananas or cigars that they like to play with and bunny kick. I do not like big toys like this, preferring to play with little toys, so I like to have small catnip mice. I also like to have my catnip loose because I like to roll in it and also eat it. To that extent I have a two playmats and as well as a boogie mat that I can have my catnip on.

Boogie Mat


Catnip can be grown fresh and used by kitties that way, or it can be dried. You will find dried catnip available in most stores. Catnip does become stale after a while, so catnip toys will loose their potency and may be need to be either restuffed or replaced. To that end, several companies now make refillable catnip toys in which the catnip is contained in a little pouch that is secured with Velcro. After a while the catnip can be removed - sometimes it comes in what looks like a little tea bag, sometimes it just goes in loose - and replaced with ease.

I have two such refillable catnip toys...a nipmonk and a mouse.

Catnip Chipmonk and mouse


I want to thank Not the Mama for the Photoshop tips. We will by trying those out sometime soon! Stop by House Panthers to see what my Bean has one with Photoshop filters to date.

E for Excellent Finally, The St. Louis Meezers have given me an E for Excellence award.

This award is given to Blogger Writers of outstanding style and ability. It may be passed on up to 10 bloggers, but I believe most have already received this award.

However, I wish to pass this on to Strayer who writes quite a bit, mostly about her feral cats, Bad Kitty Cats Journal which always makes me laugh, The Poodle and the Dog Blog who writes many interesting things on woofies, and I is Beethoven a delightful newcomer to the Cat Blogosphere, who lives with the Giant Kitty.

11 comments:

jan said...

Thank you for most honorable honor. You are one of the few cats who aren't afraid to come to our blog, even though none of us chase cats.

Misty the alpha Poodle

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Congratulations on your awards.

Sunny's Mommy said...

Congratulations on your award :-D

Strayer said...

The strays of Oregon, including Mickey, the one-eyed boy, now a Canadian citizen, formerly resident of Abandoned Car, Albany, OR, would like to thank you for this prestigious award.

Chairman Mao said...

ConCATulashuns on yur awardie! It is furry well deserved. And you have great catnip toys! Catnip is so much funsies!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Marilyn MonREOW said...

Congratulations on your award! It's well-deserved! And isn't catnip delightful stuff -- my favorite catnip toy is our Catnip Banana. I love to roll around on the floor with it and lick it!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

The Cat Realm said...

Congratulations on your award!!! Well deserved!

-d ma said...

my boyz love fresh catnip. unfortunately it grows like a weed in my yard ever since I planted it a few years back...

THE ZOO said...

diamod yoos bery cute wiff yur pink collar on.
concatulayshuns on the award.

MoMo said...

If anycat deserves that E award, you do, for all the excellent articles that you wrote.

Beethoven said...

Thank you for the award! My first award! And I got it but the Giant Kitty didn't!