Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


Zedmonster Valentine
Diamond loves Zed-Monster


graphics


Cat Hospital
My health care provider


My Clubs


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Sunday, March 30, 2008

Easy Like Sunday

black cat,Diamond
Click on the image to supersize the cuteness!


Even top feline models need some down time and a little vacation, so here I am resting on the Beach in the Grand Cayman islands. In fact, it's going to be a celebration of warm sand and roasting rays here on my blog all month long!

While the surf may not appeal to most domestic cats, certain breeds such as the Cornish Rex and the Turkish Van like water and actual enjoy swimming (::shutter::). Of course, it always amuses me when a human gets a hold of a video showing a cat swimming and are amazed by this feat.

I mean, really! OF COURSE we can swim! And unlike humans, who seem to have to learn to do EVERYTHING, we are born knowing how to swim. (And yet humans think themselves superior to us? Please!)

The thing is, being descended from desert animals, we do not have the sort of coat or undercoat that sheds water easily. So when we get wet, we tend to stay damp, all the way down to our skin - and you know how uncomfortable that is. (For the humans that may be reading this, it's sort of like sitting around in wet clothes.) And being creatures of comfort, we really don't like feeling uncomfortably damp for any length of time.

But of course there's nothing that says we can't go to the beach and in fact many colonies of feral cats make beaches their homes. After all, food washes up on shore nearly every morning in the form of tasty dead fish. Yum, yum. And that also helps to the clean up the beach so the humans can enjoy it later in the day.

And what is a beach really, except a lot of sand? Nothing wrong with a little sand is there...or a lot for that matter. I love digging as much as the next cat so having a whole beach to toss sand around on certainly makes me happy!

So come and out and join me here at the beach through the month of April. After April Fools Day on Tuesday, we've really got nothing else going on, so there's nothing wrong with a little bit of beach combing, now is there? Just ask Cecil. He's already selling seashells by the seashore!

15 comments:

Daisy said...

I like your Surf Shop! I enjoy watching water, but I do not enjoy swimming. Well, I have never actually gone swimming.

Mickey said...

Diamond,I hope you enjoy your time in the warm climate :) L:ooking at the surf is way better than being in it even if we all know how to swim!
I still say water is for drinking!!!
Purrs Mickey

PeeEss: if it does not warm up soon,I might come join you!

Forty Paws said...

Sounds lovely! And there's nothing like making the world your own sandbox, is there?

Luf, Us

jan said...

It's great that you are taking us on your vacation. We hope we get to see a cat swimming. That would amaze us.

Misty the alpha Poodle

Parker said...

Sitting around in damp fur is far from my idea of a good time, but sitting around by the beach, oh yeah!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Ah I love sand. While I do not like the water much I do enjoy the beach!

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Yoo may get Zippy in the water...maybe not. Definitly not the rest of us! Tho we are sure we would all enjoy the sand and the warmth.

Wrigley & Cobalt said...

Oooh, enjoy the beach!!

Our beans have a video of the cat before us, Zeus, swimming in the bathtub after a bath. They got lots of mean words said to them for posting the video. Though they did nothing to hurt him. :-( Cats a great swimmers.

The Cat Realm said...

We'll come. We love shrimp. Shouldn't there be shrimp? I know that there are some kind of sand living shrimp on the beach! That's what I will be looking for!
Karl

Eric and Flynn said...

We'd like to join you on the beach. The sand would make a great giant litterbox. We haf never tried swimming, but we like to paddle.

Gandalf & Grayson said...

Well, we have never been to the beach, is it like The Swamp?

-d ma said...

given diego-san's obsession with water I've always wondered what he would do if I took him to the beach...

MoMo said...

Nice graphic there! I like your shop and the beach of course.

Thanks for coming by and seeing me. I am better now but the vet says that I haven't quite recovered yet because the tests are still abnormal. That means more tests next week. *sigh*.

I am started to get fidgetty, being indoors alla time. SS is going to have a handful trying to keep me in soon.

goldenshade said...

Sounds like you'll have a great wek in the sun.
We are very jealous!!!!


Roll in the sand for us!

~Goldie and Shade

Sunny's Mommy said...

A month at the beach sounds good to me ;-)