Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Review Wednesday

black cat,Diamond,toys
Click on the image to supersize the cuteness!


I have been asked by PetSaleAve.com to review a new toy for them. It is called Lucky Catnip Fortune Cookies and it is made by Jake and Micah. The cookies - there are three - come in a cute little Chinese take out box with paper noodles. Each cookie comes with its own fortune, but your really don't need a crystal ball to know that I'll be taking a long and peaceful nap in the future after I get done playing with a primo nip toy.

These toys are big enough (3.5 inches) for bunnykicking, but not so big as to be overwhelming. They come in appealing colors, and are filled with 100% organic catnip.

The fortunes are sewn onto strips that are attached to the side of the toy. The cookies are well constructed and the fabric stands up to all the biting and kicking that I inflicted upon them. Some of the other fortunes are "You purr is a gift to those who love you", and "Trust your intuition to scratch things". I did that too, scratching my ears most thoroughly before getting very involved in the aggressive end of the review.

I have to say I enjoyed these immensely. Despite having a night to dry out, the fabric is still slightly soggy today, so you can tell I had a good time.

You can find pictures of my play/review session HERE. As you can see I took the review process very seriously. The paper noodles were quite entertaining as well.

The same company also make catnip sushi and wantons. I sense a theme here! They also offer contemplation/play mats, lucky cat collars (please remove bell), and some very attractive kitty bandannas. While their tag line reads "for super lucky pets!" they are themed more toward the feline crowd.

PetSaleAve.com has been, to date, largely geared toward dogs, so the inclusion of new cat products into their catalog would certainly be welcome. (This the company that referred me to Caitlyn's K-9 where I get my Party Collars. They also have model sign up form. I need to sign up!)

In short, after thorough testing by me, I find this product more than meets my exacting standards and I give it a five star rating!

Vine Line


Cat How cool is this? A new born kitten has a message in her fur that says I "heart" dot. Her mother's name is Dottie!

This is somewhat more fun than a message in a bottle!

16 comments:

Dragonheart & Merlin said...

Great review, Diamond! Those fortune cookies look like fun toys, and the box they come in is cute too!

-d ma said...

those cookies look like great toys. what a great idea. nice review.

the message kitten is amazing. maybe theo or thompson's markings mean something in some foreign language...

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

That was a agreat review. Did you know that we like to play with real fortune cookies? When the beans order Chinese we always sneak into the bags and get out the fortune cookies to whap around. Its lots of fun!

Artsy Catsy said...

Great review, Diamond! And isn't that I Heart Dot kitty amazing?!

Rocky

Team Tabby said...

We also agree, great new product review. Those fortune 'cookies' are the purrfect size to play wif.

Mindy & Moe

Bounce, Lucy and Trixie said...

Wow I've never heard of fortune cookie nip toys! They sure look like a lot of fun. The I Heart Dot kitten is so cute!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

It looks like a wonderful toy

jan said...

We would like to talk you out of kicking bunnies.

Misty the alpha Poodle

Daisy said...

I think I would enjoy that toy, too!

I love the little kitten with a message in the furs.

Gandalf & Grayson said...

I Heart Dot - we smell a Disney movie in the making!

Eric and Flynn said...

That kitten with the message in it's fur is amazing!
That was a good review on the nip toys.

Mickey said...

Great review Diamond!! Iy's good to know the 'cookies' are worth it!!
I saw that little kitty on the news last night with Mom. That is pretty amazing!!!!!
Purrs Mickey

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Hmm, anything dat is filled wif catnip and is bunnykickable is okay by us.

Karen Jo said...

You look like you really enjoy those nip fortune cookies. The kitten with the message in her fur is amazing.

Adan*Michico said...

I can tell that is very good cookie~~~~ Maybe I should also make one for play~

Ramses said...

Oooh new 'nip toys are always good! We get ones made by My Mummy that are perfect for bunny kicking and putting the bitey on, but not too big that we can't carry them around too! :)

As for Dor the kitten, it's sooooo sweet! As you may already know I'm a real softy of a Mancat when it comes to kittens! :)