Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Fling: Behind the Scenes

It is time for us to set up for Eastern and so I wanted to show you some of what goes into the set design. We start out getting all the basic items we will use out of the box of Eastern decorations. While we were doing this, Bean finded her KissMouse Stocking she could not find in December. Of course it makes purrfectly good sense to store it with Eastern stuff, does it not?

Photobucket


Here is Ray Old Shepherd Dog showing up his back of disrespect.

Photobucket


I think the little buildings for the Eastern town is very cute.

Photobucket


The Stork went to visit Daisy Curly Cat earlier this week, and it stop by bring me three new kittens as well: 2 floofy white ones and one which must be a Sphynx kitten as it has no fur. It also green, which I think was kind of an odd color.

Photobucket


Now we start getting things in order:

Photobucket


Obviously, some things need to go. I trade the green sphynx kitten for my pink floofy one, as it fits in more with the other colors. I put Black Cat Pub sign away. I still need backdrop for this. Bean could not find anything suitably Easternee in the store so far.

Photobucket


Now we do some test shots. In some I am in front....

Photobucket


And in some I am in back. This was only a test to see what needs to be changed around and how to make it better. We still need something behind, or at least, we need to take the hooks off the wall.

Setting the stage for my shots is very important, as I'm sure you know. This was a dress rehearsal as I have my floofy color on.

Photobucket


I think I do pretty good job. More Eastern pictures can be found in my Eastern album on Photobucket.

Diamond,Scrapbook,black cat


Some Notes: Bean want me to do Woofie Wednesday, I want to do spring and bunnies. Bunnies look tasty. I have never caught one.

A clarification on the Coyotes. They are way far south of here. And they do not have money for the toll bridge, so they couldn't get over the river even if they weren't way far south of here. I live on Cape, surrounded on three sides by water. We don't even get many squirrels here because they can't get across river. Raccoons on the other hand steal toll money and have no problem.

We are featuring Kodak today on House Panthers. I also talk about Arthritis in Cats, and we'll take a look at senior cat care for rest of this week. There are many senior cats out there and even I am starting to get a bit older, so some information on that is not unwelcome.

I would like to apologize for lack of commenting this last week, but I have been furry busy kitty. I do read all your blogs though, but given that I end up with 70+ postings daily on my reader, I don't always have time to comment on them. I should note that with Sassy, Momo, and Cat Realm et al taking their grand tour of Scotland, I see a number of repeat postings. In that case I might comment on one blog, but not on efurryone's different blogs. Maybe you all should consider a shared trip blog instead of reposting the same thing in 10 or 15 different locations?

Mr. Hendrix tagged me for a me-me, which I posted yesterday, in case you missed it.

I think that all for now. Don't forget to check out Digicats (and Dogs) and see Bean's latest additions. And of course Black Cat Pub is still open and ready to serve you.

Pee Ess: My Bean was talking to her Mom last night and I guess she see on Tee Vee where they have cat wigs. (Which are like $45.) And she said on the program they were wondering what cat would wear one of these. I guess she said to herself "Oh, my Grandcat would wear one of those!" Actually, I do not like having things on my head. But it kind of a change around from last September when she was telling my Bean to stop torturing me by putting outfits on me. Dress up still not my favorite game to play, but it not so bad as I thought it was going to be.

19 comments:

Parker said...

I am so happy that coyotes don't have money for the tolls! I think that your new floofies are very cute!

topcatrules said...

We don't have coyotes over here. But we do have pretty red foxes. :)

Mickey said...

Gee, I guess it takes time to set up for your Easter photo shoot :) I think you look darling ;) I am glad the coyotes do not have bridge fare!!! But watch out for the raccoons!
Purrs Mickey

Bounce, Lucy and Trixie said...

We really like your lovely Eastern decorations. Nice and colorful for Springtime.

It is good the coyotes cannot pay the tolls. That will make them stay away!

Dragonheart & Merlin said...

Look at all that cute Easter stuff! You look lovely in your collar, Diamond. :) We are glad the coyotes can't get to where you are.

-d ma said...

that's quite the decorative spread.

i don't know what i would dislike more- running into a coyote or having to pay a toll to cross a bridge...

PB & J said...

We have foxes here, but no coyotes!

We can hardly wait to see you final Easter pictures! That's an amazing set.

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Cat wigs?! Cat Wigs. I hope she was not getting any ideas. You have wonderful fur and do not need to cover it with a wig.

Scooby, Shaggy & Scout said...

What a wonderful Easter set up you created!!! Very festive!! We love the collar!!!!

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

You are very festive for Easter! We wonder why our beans are not so festive cause it is very pretty. Sadly, we do have coyotes here, right outside our doors apparently. The county we live in issued a coyote warning a few months ago but since we are not allowed out we are okay - and the doggies are bigger and stay in a fence too but nonetheless, Mommy worries. Weird to have coyotes this close to Atlanta too (15 miles or so)!

Mo said...

Diamond, you do such a great job with your photo shoots and your scrap-booking, plus what you do over at House Panthers! You are amazing.
We almost (almost!) feel guilty tagging you for a meme over at Purrchance To Dream.
Of course it's just a suggestion to participate!
luv from your friends,
Daphne, Chloe, Spooker, Jazper, Little Isis, and Not The Mama

goldenshade said...

We have both foxes and coyotes here. I see the foxes during the day and hear the coyotes calling to each other at night. Spooky.

Nice Easter decorations. The PM put some up this weekend and I have been after the dyed real eggs.

~Goldie

Cecil the Cougar: said...

Bunnies do look tasty, I am planning to catch the Easter Bunny this year and give him the big bitey! Then I will know how he tastes!!

Jimmy Joe said...

I want an Easter Zebra! That is very cool. Mr. Coyote sometimes walks near our neighborhood, so Momma doesn't let me go outside when she's not home or once the sun starts to go to bed.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Karen Jo said...

I am glad that the coyotes do not have the money for the toll bridge. Your Eastern pictures look very festive and so do you in your floofy collar.

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Gess coyotes aren't as larsonist as dem racoons. Mom sed dat a stoopid racoon stole not just da food but da whole dish off da porch. She found it in da naybors bushes!

PKPWV said...

Diamond, Thanks so much for featuring me on the House panthers! I was very excited and so was mom-of course the silly orange tabbies weren't happy because they felt left out-oh well!!

Kodak

Gattina said...

I see you are busy with Easter stuff too, Rosie is waiting for it so I will do it tomorrow.
BTW have you read my post about Lisa being depressed ? she is a senior cat and I never thought that old cats (she is 17) can suffer from anxiety. She yowled the nights through until I went with her to the vet !

Wrigley & Cobalt said...

Your village is so pretty! And you look so great laying next to it. :-)