Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tartan Tuesday

Something you don't know, or maybe you do, is that the heritage of Scotland, Ireland and England is sort of all mixed up together. Unless you can trace your ancestry to before the Norman Conquest in 1066, you can't really claim any one of them, you have to claim them all.

In any case, my Scottish cousin, Misty Whispurrs, who is a Scottish Fold sent me the most beautiful gift that I received yesterday, a genuine, authentic tartan.

Photobucket


Tartan is a pattern consisting of criss-crossed horizontal and vertical bands in multiple colors. Tartans originated in woven cloth, but are now used in many other materials. Tartan is particularly associated with Celtic countries, especially Scotland. Scottish kilts almost always have tartan patterns.

I do not know what clan I am, but if you have some Scot in your herritage, you may be able to find your clan's pattern at Tartans of Scotland. The website shows the various patterns, talks about the making of, the correct wearing of, and also includes a Q&A and world register.

I am very thrilled by this. It was Misty who also sent me my beautiful and much loved Kitty Quilt, made by her Meowmy at The Quilted Squirrel.

My Bean will be making a scrapbook page as a gift to Misty, but I doubt that I will every be able to truly repay their kindness and generosity.

Thank you so much Misty! Purrs and headbutts to you!

In other blogging, I talk about my ancestor, Blackie "Niphead" O'Reilly at Catnip Anonymous. Today I share an article on learning to walk on a leash that my human found in her office at House Panthers. I also have a link to very good article on lack of humor in animal cruelty and why it should not be used in TV and movies. We are also featuring JP Buzzerbee on Black Tabby Tuesday. "Buzzy" has gone over the bridge but he was still a tremendous cat when he was alive.

Meanwhile, with St. Patrick's Day over, we'll be turning to a Eastern Photo Shoot this week at my house. Pooka has already found some festive yellow beads with a Budweiser tag on them to wear. That tabby, he is too much! I was also trying out my new purple collar today. It is so lovely that I cannot wait to wear it! So look for my Eastern village coming soon!

However, Black Cat Pub is still in operation, so we'll be having more fun and entertainment to come! If you miss it yesterday, be sure to stop by and Help Drive the Snakes from Ireland.

Today we are featuring Shepherd's Burger for lunch and Bangers and Mash for supper. Yummy stuff! And if you have not tried it, I really recommend the Warm Mouse-Apple Cobbler for desert! If any one would like to become a contributor to BCP, please E-Mail me and I'll send you an invitation.

News Flash! Coyotes were spotted in Estero recently! Tony's mom - who was wearing Tony's St. Patrick's Day outfit - told us the news. My Bean was concerned because first she said South Fort Myers, which is not too far from here. But then she change it to Estero, which is where the hockey team play and which is not so heavily populated and much further away. Estero she can understand, but it's about as reasonable to worry about Coyotes in Estero as it is to worry about Black Bears in Naples. They are not going to come here, and that is that. Updates on backyard Raccoon Wars much more interesting!

15 comments:

topcatrules said...

Oh how gorgeous!! :)

Dragonheart & Merlin said...

That's a beautiful tartan! You look lovely posing with it. :)

Parker said...

How beautiful! I bet you have a lot of fun with your Easter shoot!

Mickey said...

The nice thing about being a Panther is that you look good in anything :) I do really like the red. I have a Scots background. Mom's Mom is from Glasgow.
Purrs Mickey

-d ma said...

coyotes? geez that doesn't sound good...

Bounce, Lucy and Trixie said...

That is a lovely tartan and it goes very well with your furs!

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

What a beautiful tartan! It looks amazing with your furs. Careful of those coyotes, they are around here too. I'm glad I don't go out. Thanks for the info expecially on animal cruelty in movies and TV. Mommy still won't watch the Office because of their animal cruelty story last season.
BTW, I tagged you for a Meme! Stop by and get it.

felinesopher said...

we love the tartan pattern & colors.....very stunning:) with you guys!

Felinesopher and her kitties gank, Meaouwy Troops from Jakarta

jan said...

Beautiful tartan.

Coyotes are not to be trifled with. They love to lunch on small pets.

Kellie The Orange Cat said...

That is such a nice tartan. Lucky you!

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

That tartan looks good wif yoor furs. Watchout fur dem kyotees. Dey is nasty...

Gandalf & Grayson said...

That Tartan looks fabulous against your black furs. We don't know our heritage... Mom just says were her Gray Boys.

Ernie's Voice, Chancy & Jake said...

Your Tartan is beautiful!
Coyotes in Estero? We will have to warn g-ma & g-pa...

This is National Animal Poison Prevention Week, please stop by our blog tomorrow for important information.

HUGS~ Chancy, Jake & Ernie's Voice

Tara said...

Mom has a scarf of the tartan of the Roberts, from the highlands of Scotland where her ancestors are from!

Watch those coyotes!!!

Tara

Sunny's Mommy said...

That is such a gorgeous tartan, and you look wonderful in it! What a great present you received :-)