Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Saturday, April 12, 2008

In Dreams...

black cat,Diamond
click on image to bigify.


I am beginning to think that my Bean is right and we felines as a whole need to hire a new Public Relations man.

Consider the following from the Dream Dictionary at Dreammoods.com:

Cat

To see a cat in your dream, signifies much misfortune, treachery, and bad luck. (However, for the cat lover, cats signifies an independent spirit, feminine sexuality, creativity, and power.) If the cat is aggressive, then it suggests that you are having problems with the feminine aspect of yourself. If you see a cat with no tail, then it signifies a lost of independence and lack of autonomy.

To dream that a cat is biting you, symbolizes the devouring female. Perhaps you are taking and taking without giving. You may be expressing some fear or frustration especially when something is not going as planned.

To see a black cat in your dream, indicates that you are experiencing some fear in using your psychic abilities and believing in your intuition. You may erroneously associate the black cat with evil, destruction, and bad luck. If you see a white cat, then it denotes difficult times.

To dream that a cat killed a spider, suggests that you are expressing your femininity in a seductive and cunning manner rather than in an overtly and almost destructive way.


Kitten

To see a white kitten in your dream, signifies deceit and trouble.

To see non-white or soiled kittens, indicates trouble ahead for you.


Okay...I can almost agree that kittens are troublesome most of the time (just ask my Zed Monster), but I don't think they should mean that in a dream. Kittens can also be fun and entertaining, so I suggest that the meaning be changed to fun and entertaining times ahead for you.

Ditto with a cat. Let's get rid of this misfortune, treachery and bad luck stuff. I can see where Cats could represent your feminine side (although I'm sure some mancats would bristle at the thought of this) and dogs the masculine side. My bean often says "men are dogs" (or some variation thereof) anyway, so perhaps it's true.

Seeing a cat in a dream should mean independent spirit, power and creativity irregardless of if you like cats are not. After all, how are we supposed to convert the non-cat loving population to our side if we have to carry all the bad luck, evil, destruction and treachery stuff around?

And it doesn't say what it is supposed to mean if you dream you ARE a cat, which I do every single night. Anyone have any ideas? I think being a cat is a good thing - after all, I'm very spoiled and have a slave to handle all my business. I'm sure for those poor unfortunates who don't have a human to look after them that life is not so easy but for many of us, let's face it...we live on easy street.

I also often dream I am a lioness or tigress. I can't say I dream I am a panther, because I AM a panther so I guess that's normal.

Tiger

To see a tiger in your dream, represents power and your ability to exert it in various situations. The dream may also indicate that you to take more of a leadership role. Alternatively, the tiger represents female sexuality, aggression, and seduction.

To dream that you are attacked by a tiger, symbolizes repressed feelings or emotions that frighten you.

To see a caged tiger in your dream, suggests that your repressed feelings/emotions are on the verge of surfacing.


Ah so...when I dream I am a tiger, I'm visualizing my power and my ability to exert it in various situations. So this is a good thing! (I am always doing the attacking, when I dream I am a tigress, never that I am being attacked by one.)

Now...

Lions

To see a lion in your dream, symbolizes great strength, aggression and power. You will overcome your emotions and/or difficulties. As king of the jungle, the lion also represents royalty, leadership, pride and dominion. You have much influence over others. You may also need to exercise restraint in your own personal and social life.

To dream that you are attacked by a lion, indicates that you have many obstacles to overcome. You must resist the force that is driving you to self-destruction.


So when I dream of being a lioness, I'm visualizing my royal and noble side. I am very royal and noble. I have seen many of the "papered" cats putting on airs around the blogosphere, but let me tell you...I am a purebred Domestic Shorthair - papers or no - and that is the BEST breed to be because ALL breeds come originally from Domestic cats.

Panther

To see a panther in your dream, signifies lurking danger and enemies working to do you harm. It represents darkness, death, and rebirth. On a more positive note, panthers signify power, beauty and/or grace.

I think we should get rid of all but the power, beauty and/or grace part of this entry. Perhaps we can leave in the darkness, death and rebirth part because those indicate change, which is not always a bad thing.

Jaguar

To see a jaguar in your dream, represents speed, agility, and power.

Oh, see now...Jaguars hired some good PR people. Maybe we need to get the same ones?

For my friend Pepper, Queen of the...

Cheetah

To see a cheetah in your dream, suggests that you need to get moving and be more active in pursuit of your goals. Perhaps you have been a little lazy and you need to get off from that seat.

I do not know, but Pepper not strike me as lazy kind.

And for Cecil...

Cougar

To see a cougar in your dream, symbolizes wild beauty, power, grace, and raw emotion. It often refers to feminine power and aggression. Alternatively, it also indicates lurking danger and death.

Everything is pretty good except the lurking danger and death part. I think if you dream of lawyers you are in fact dreaming of lurking danger and death, but cougars? No, I don't see it.

Leopard

To see a leopard in the wild in your dream, signifies that through persistent efforts, you will eventually overcome your difficulties. If the leopard is in a cage, then it suggests that you will overcome any obstacles.

To dream that you kill a leopard, suggests that you will definitely succeed in your projects.

To dream that a leopard is attacking you, signifies that you are overly confident in your success for the future and not realizing the difficulties and struggles that you need to endure.

To see the skin of a leopard in your dream, signifies that you have befriended a dishonest person who means you harm.


This is kind a mixed thing. Obviously it's a good thing to overcome your difficulties, but I can't believe anyone would care to dream of something as beautiful as a leopard caged or ::shudder:: skinned. How terrible. Need to have head examined!

Purrhaps what we really need is a dream dictionary for cats? Trying to use a devise made up by humans to decipher my superior dreams is not really useful.

Does any cat have any other ideas on this one?

Vine Line


In other postings: Bean do this one earlier in the week, but today we shine the spotlight on His Royal Highness Yao-Lin at Digicats.

At House Panthers we are featuring Mickey today, one of my favorite panthers on the internets. We also look ar The Creation Myth which starts out with "On the first day of creation, God created the cat". Worth the read, so certainly stop by for a visit.

At Catnip Anonymous: Nip the vote and be come a political animal with Fat cat Inc.'s new line of Political Animal toys. Couldn't you just imagine the outcry there would be if we had pictures of Chey biting Hillary's head off?

badge And some really terrible news! Please purr and pray for Mu Shue, Lilly Lu and Iris, and for all the pets and beans who might be trapped in the building that was on fire, and for the families and friends who must wait and watch. Even if they have survived the thick smoke, they and their mom Laura are now homeless. Visit Lilly Lu's blog and the Cat Blogosphere for more information.

5 comments:

Parker said...

Dear Diamond,
Mommy says that she dreams about us a lot. But since she is a girl, I guess that's a good thing.
We are just sick about the fire.
We just keep praying for a miracle.

-d ma said...

very informative post... what does it mean if u dream a kid mistakes your floofy black cat for a skunk?

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Hmm... I can't believe dreaming about a Siamese wasn't in there.

Sunny's Mommy said...

I think that website has it all wrong about what it means when you see cats in your dream. That sounds like a bunch of hoo-ey to me!!

Mr. Tigger said...

Dream book info sounds pretty off the mark to me! So sorry I missed your post Diamond. It is up now! Thanks for letting me know.
Hi 5 paw,
Mr. Tigger