Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Thursday, April 3, 2008

T-13: 13 Best Beaches

header


I think I'll stay on the dock...
Click on image to bigify


Maybe all that splashing around look like fun to you. To me, it look like I'm better off, watching from the warm, sunny beach with my furriends. If you want to find a sucker to drag around behind the boat, talk to Rocky the Turkey Cat.

That being said, the following are the 10 best beaches in the USA as picked by Dr. Beach:

1. Ocracoke Lifeguarded Beach, Outer Banks, North Carolina
2. Caladesi Island State Park, Dunedin/Clearwater, Florida
3. Coopers Beach, Southampton, New York
4. Hanalei Bay, Kauai, Hawaii
5. Coast Guard Beach, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
6. Hamoa Beach, Maui, Hawaii
7. Main Beach, East Hampton, New York
8. Coronado Beach, San Diego, California
9. Lighthouse Point Park, Daytona Beach, Florida
10. Siesta Beach, Sarasota, Florida

Outside the US, Dr. Beach did not pick these, but I have it on good authority:

11. Parque Nacional Isla Contoy, Cancun, Mexico
12. Diniwid, Boracay Island, Philippines
13. Manly Beach, Sydney, Australia

Judging from the pictures, I think I might want to check out Hanalei Bay, Hawaii. I also think maybe they want to change the name of the last one to Mancatly Beach.

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!




And remember: If life's a beach, then the world is my litterbox!

15 comments:

Dragonheart & Merlin said...

Well, since we aren't Americans, we haven't visited any beaches in the US. We guess we'll take his word for it.

Parker said...

Mommy says that any warm beach would be good right now!

-d ma said...

life's a beach.

went to my first twins game of the year last night. mr. nick looked great. but good golly gardy, what kind of lineup was that?

jan said...

Beaches on our side of the country, the west side, are sadly under represented.

Misty the alpha Poodle

Tybalt said...

Now I'm in the mood for a lounge on the beach!

Not that I've ever been to one, since I'm an indoors-only kitty, but I feel inspired.

Daisy said...

"Rocky the Turkey Cat"! Hahahaha! I do not think that is the same thing as a Turkish Van Cat. Or is it?

PB & J said...

Oh a beach sounds lovely - a little sun and funny things to chase in the sand! Mommy's been to Hanalei Bay and Coronado Beach and she agrees with Dr. Beach, they are good!

Kellie The Orange Cat said...

Our small city in British Columbia is situated between two lakes with pawesome beaches. Me and Mum live one block from one of the beaches - maybe she will take me strollering to it one day this summer. She probably won't let me out of the stroller though - with all that sand I might think it is a great big litter box : )

Chairman Mao said...

That is a great list of beaches! And I love the quote you posted -- if life's a beach then the wurld's my litturboxie!! hehe

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Sunny's Mommy said...

I'm prejudiced, but I think Florida beaches are the best :-)

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Mom sed she'd settle fur any beach on any of da Hawiian islands...we want to go to Mancatly Beach, Speedy cuz he is a mancat and us cuz we likes to look at da mancats...hehehe

Marilyn MonREOW said...

That's a great list of beaches! Brings warmer weather to my mind. *smile*

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Bounce, Lucy and Trixie said...

Two of Mom and Dad's favorite beaches are on your list Diamond. They love Siesta Beach in Florida and the beaches of the Outer Banks.

Mickey said...

I'm with you Diamond! Water is for drinking ;)
We have a pretty neat beach not too far from us. Lawrencetown Beach. Beans like to surf there,even when it's cold!!!! Beans are wierd.
Purrs Mickey

Forty Paws said...

The best part of beaches is that there is sand efurrywhere!

Luf, Us