Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Thursday, April 10, 2008

T-13: Books

header


Bully Bully
Click on image to bigify.


I like to read about cats and other animals so we have a number of animal related books in our house. I usually have to have Bean help me look at them because they are very big books and hard to handle with my paws.

Here are 13 of them:

1. The Silent Miaow translated from the feline by Paul Gallico with pictures by Suzanne Szasz. This is a classic, every cat should read this book.

2. The Complete Encyclopedia of Cats by Esther J.J. Verhoef-Verhallen.

3. The Complete Encyclopedia of Horses and Ponies by Tamsin Pickeral. Because you never know when a Shetland might follow me home and want to stay.

4. The Legacy of the Cat by Gloria Stephens.

5. The Legacy of the Dog by Tetsu Yamazaki.

6. Cats, An Owner's Guide by Carla Atkins. Despite the title, it really a very good book.

7. Tiger! by Simon Barnes

8. Great Cats - Majestic Creatures of the Wild. Dr. John Seidensticker and Dr. Susan Lumpkin Consulting Editors.

9. The Complete Book of the Cat by Angela Sayer.

10. The art of being a Wolf by Anne Menatory.

11. The Book of the Bulldog by Joan McDonald Brearley.

12: CatCalendar Cats by B. Kliban.

And finally....

The Book of the Cute Cat


13. The best selling Book of the Cute Cat, by ME!

Don't leave home without it!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!


11 comments:

Cheysuli and gemini said...

You have some cool reading material at your house. Not like that evil nasty HTML stuff.

Adan*Michico said...

you are deserved the best, Diamond~!!!!
That is the only truth for the whole truth!!

Gandalf & Grayson said...

That last book looks especially interesting, Diamond!

Parker said...

We love anything Kliban!
Happy ASPCA day!

Daisy said...

We read The Silent Miaow. I agree, a classic!

Tybalt said...

I think I like that last book best. ;)

Sunny's Mommy said...

The last one is definitely the best one!

-d ma said...

i'd recommend the memoir, 'waiting for my cats to die,' by stacy horn. very well written, insightful, sad and funny.

Ana said...

You have got a great collection of books! You must be a very smart cat after reading all of them!

Gretchen said...

Your site is looking pretty good.
My house is filled with a lot of books about animals, too, and some of them are about cats.

Hugs...G

Pablo said...

You have your own book? I want MY own book. Kaaaate?