Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tattle Tail Tuesday

Eli Tintor


I have think long and hard on this and I have come to conclusion that my Bean is not very good hunter. And I will tell you why.

Baseball males are currently in season and she has been spending much time at the baseball park hunting them. So far, so good. If you are going to hunt a specific prey, you should always make sure they are in season and - if their range does not cross your territories - you should go to proper area to hunt them.

For example, if I wish to hunt the elusive grouper fish, I much go to canal and hunt there. Can not hunt fish in backyard as they do not go on the land.

But this is where she fails. For all the hunting she do, she never come home with one.

Saturday she go out hunting baseball males as always, She go early in morining - like 9 AM and come back in afternoon about 4 PM. No baseball males.

She does bring back smell of Eli Niphead Outfielder, but he tame baseball male and it pointless to hunt him because he let himself be caught. In fact, he probably walk right up and say "Here I am, catch me." Not very bright Baseball Male either.

But other baseball males?

I know she is not very fast, so I think that hiding and waiting for her prey is best bet, she wish to catch. I do not know what kind of cover there is at baseball park, but certainly she can find tree or building to hide behind. Then she must wait until baseball male pass, jump out and pounce on prey.

I also know she not have much in the way of natural weaponry, like fangs and claws. So I think she should take additional weapon with her like hockey stick or baseball bat. That is what they used for right? Hunting of baseball or hockey males?

So when they walk by she jump out of her hiding spot, swing her weapon and hit baseball male. This much like pouncing on rat. If she do it right it will not kill them, only confuse them for while. They she can play with them until she get tired or they break all the way.

(That problem with rat as toy - it break too soon.)

And I think once she has caught one or two, she will grow tired of all the hunting and stay home if the good cat-cat and help her hunt elusive grouper fish in canal. Hunting grouper fish work better I find if you can use the pole with the long string on it. Unfortunately, I can not hold in my paws.

8 comments:

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

i'm sorry your mommy isn't hunting her baseball males right. maybe she should watch more animal planet, or discovery channel. the hunting shows.

we like your sweet cheeks picture! ha ha ha

Tybalt said...

For some reason mommy laughed at this post, Diamond! I agree with you, your human isn't a very good huntress if she hunts all day long and never catches anything. I hope she takes your advice. Standing behind a bush and whapping them with a bat sounds like the best bet to me!

Daisy said...

Maybe she needs some different bait?

Kellie The Orange Cat said...

My Mum laffed and laffed and laffed at this. I am guessing she is laffing at your poor beans (whoops I almost said Mom) inefficient hunting skills.

Has she tried bait, such as maybe a baseball hot dog. She could lay it out on the ground by the tree and whap him with the baseball bat when he gets close to it. I have heard that the male bean loves food ALOT.

Mickey said...

So,does this mean your bean strikes out?
Yup,best to help you fish :)
Purrs Mickey

catsynth said...

This is quite amusing - but true. Hunting can be very difficult for humans...

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

We are gessing dat yoor bean will not take yoor advice. She would be better to fish with yoo.

Sunny's Mommy said...

Hahaha! Well at least she captured a picture of "sweet cheeks" LOL