Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Friday, June 6, 2008

Feral Friday

Diamond,Cute Cat


I was going to write about summer and keeping cool during the heat, but I have much more interesting story to share, that I find this morning:

Scotty, a feral cat was burned in a bush fire and his being treated by Naples Safari Animal Hospital & Pet Resort.

When Scotty emerged from the woods surrounding Glenn Nichol's house he was a terrified "ball of fire". He was quickly doused with a bucket of water, but had severe burns.

When veterinarian Lesli Reiff heard about Scotty's plight, she stepped up and offered to treat Scotty free of charge.

You can read Scotty's story HERE or you can track Scotty's progress HERE.

The fire caused no human injuries, but did cause a lot of property damage.

Once Scotty has healed up more he will be nuetered. Nichols had been looking after Scotty, but he had some aggression issues that made it difficult to bring him into the house with his three other cats and one dog.

If he has mellowed out some after this mess, they will try to socialize him in Nichols home again, otherwise, they will try to find a stable home for Scotty.

Vine Line


For those that ask about the Bean, she has been to see Neurologist and go this week for something called MRI and something else called EEG. They have ruled out several diseases including Parkinsons, but she stil have some problems, including some shaking of her paws, make it hard for her to type from time to time.

She will not get results from tests until middle of the month. I do not think these tests agree with her either as she been sick up most of week. Not much fun.

13 comments:

-d ma said...

sorry to hear your bean still isn't feeling well. hope they can figure out what is wrong and she is feeling better soon.

scotty's story is rather inspirational. i'm glad he's getting better.

Cheysuli and gemini said...

I hope your human starts feeling better soon.

What a grand story about Scotty. I hope he finds a good home.

jan said...

Sorry to hear about your bean. We have been nursing ours through surgery so at least she found out what was wrong. She says we're indispensible to her health.

Misty the alpha Poodle

Eric and Flynn said...

We are sorry your Bean isn't well. We hope she soon starts to get better.
That was a happy ending furr Scotty's story.

ZOOLATRY said...

Hope Scotty continues to do well and finds a great home, what a trooper he is!

And your bean, we'll hope for the very best for her; our Zoolatry Human has had shaking hands for years but no one's ever figured out why! So now she just puts up with it...

Tybalt said...

What a story! I hope Scotty makes a full recovery and finds a wonderful forever home.

I am so sorry to hear about your poor bean. I'll be purring for her.

Daisy said...

Poor Scotty! I am so glad he is in good hands and getting the help he needs. I hope he heals up fast.

I hope your bean feels better soon, and they can figure out what's going on.

Lux said...

I'm sorry to hear about your bean not feeling well. Wishing her all the best.

I'm glad Scotty's story is having a happy ending.

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Sure hope Scotty finds himself a great fureffur home. Sorry yoor bean haf been haffing problems. Sure hope dey can figger it all out and fix it.

Katie & Da Katz said...

Weze here purr fur Scottee... and fur your bean...

Mawmee says 2 asks your bean ifns deze doctur peeple saids anytin bouts "essential tremor," cuz dats what sheze gots.

It's furry hards to be pen and ink artist anymores or writes wif a pen... buts typing is more funs anyways.

-Katie Ann Kitty Too.

(Essential Tremor is opposite of Parkinson's. ET happens during movement, Parkinson's while the limb is at rest.)

Parker said...

I really hope that your bean finds out what is wrong and can get it fixed!
Poor Scotty - I hope he will be all OK too.
And by the way, your glasses are very, very cool!

Black Cat said...

Good for Scotty, I'm so glad he got saved. I'm purraying for your Bean to get a quick diagnosis and cure. :) xxx

Sunny's Mommy said...

I'm so sorry your beans is having health problems :( I hope her doctor(s) are able to to help her start feeling better soon.