Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Sunday, August 24, 2008

Meet Yoda: Celebri-cat

Yoda the Cat The latest Celebri-cat to hit the feline scene is Yoda, a four eared cat that live in Downers Grove, Illinois. That's right. Four eared.

Yoda became famous when his picture was posted on the internet. Since then, his family could use a couple of extra hands as they have been fielding calls and appearance offers from "Good Morning America," "Fox News" and "The Tyra Banks Show." The cat's photo has graced the London Guardian and a British tabloid. The Daily Mail said if Batman had a cat, it would be Yoda.

Ted and Valerie Rock said they found Yoda in a Blue Island bar in 2006 while they were watching a Chicago Bears game. The bar owner was keeping the 8-week old kitten in a cage where he was providing "entertainment" to the cruel and evil patrons who mocked his appearance, calling him names like "Devil Cat" and "Beelzebub."

The Rocks felt sorry for the kitten and offered to adopt him from the bars owner. While it was not love at first sight for the Rocks, the slightly demonic looking cat has certainly swept the hearts, and curiosities of people around the world.

For now, Yoda is considering his appearance schedule and keeping an "ear" out for the just the right opportunities. You have to admit that is man-cat is certainly a devilish little heart-throb!

12 comments:

Daisy said...

He is very cute, in a devilish way!

Kelly Cat said...

Yoda's one of a kind, all right! It's great that he has a home now where he's well loved.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Thank goodness fer beans like da Rocks! THEY ROCK!

Sunny's Mommy said...

I've never seen a 4 eared cat before :-0

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Oh dear! Four ears!

Mickey said...

WOW!!! I bet he can hear a can opener in my house!!
He is very cute and lucky to be rescued by some really nice people!!
Purrs Mickey

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Yoda is lucky da Rock's came along...he is cute.

catsynth said...

Very cute.
We remember another four-eared cat a couple years ago, in Germany I think.

Katie and Da Katz said...

Hims gots his purrs answered!!

We gots his video on our site fur Sunday!

Furry Sweet boy. Him hugged Mr Rock when dey asked ta hold him.

Parker said...

Yoda is lucky that he got out of that awful cage! He's very handsome!

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

I think that it is great he has a loving forever home now. What an evil bar owner. Grrrr, I don't like beans like that.

You know, I just had a thought, I'll be Yoda gets twice the ear scritches! oooooo more ear scritches.

Black Cat said...

I first saw him in The Guardian after following a link. I'm so glad he's found his Furrever Home:) xxx

P.S. I'm so glad the hurry cane didn't whap you!