Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Friday, August 29, 2008

Very Important Question

Okay, I have very important question ahead of me, and I would like the help of my furrriends in determining an answer.

My bean come home from work today and one of her clients ask her if she want another cat. It seems that the people that live next to him have their house foreclose and that they leave and just leave their cat behind. This is a 3-year old male tabby cat with white paws. He is fixed and he just went to vet and get checked out and get all his shots. The Davises, who have him now, try to introduce him into their household but their current cats would not accept him. He is very cuddley they say, and is very active and love to play with catnip toys.

He is currently being kept as an outdoor cat, but this not ideal situation anywhere in state of Florida, especially with hurricanes and the like.

Now you may think this no brainer, but I do not know how I would react to having to share my home with other cat. I can be very protective of my territories, but then I also have friend cats that come to visit, or that I go to visit them. I am middle-aged lady cat in good health and can be very active, I like to chase toys, but I probably do a good deal more napping than playing these days. I am very loving and very protective of and attached to my bean.

So what do you think? Do I want new brofurr? Maybe having companion to keep me company while bean at work all day not such a bad idea. And this one is also indoor/outdoor cat so we can go outside together if we get on each others nerves too much indoors.

Please think about it and leave your vote in my comment section. Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

18 comments:

ZOOLATRY said...

Maggy votes yes.
Zoey votes yes.
Two is better than one.
The more the merrier.
It's too early in the a.m. to think of any other cliches...
so we just say "Do It!"

Parker said...

If you already have kitty friends the chances are good that you would accept a brother. It is worth a try, especially since his chances of finding a home as good as yours would not be good!

Daisy said...

I think you would like to have a playmate! It might take you a couple of weeks to adjust, but in the end, I think it would make you happy.

Gandalf and Grayson said...

We say yes! We think if you keep the new kitty separated for a few weeks while you each get use to each other's smells, the transition will be much easier. Then you'll learn to be great buddies for each other.

Pixel said...

I say yes and try it. It may take time to adjust.

jan said...

All five of us vote yes. Four of us think that you should hold out for a doggie companion, but one of us thinks that is ridiculous since cats are clearly superior.

Misty the alpha Poodle et al

Forty Paws said...

We think it would be a good idea to get a brother. Especially one that is stuck outside!!! Take it very slowly and keep the new guy in a separate room for awhile until you guys get used to each other. Ok?

Luf, Us

Cat-a-holic, Laila and Minchie said...

Yes, go fur it! We luvs each other and so enjoy the company when mom isn't home. Just be sure to give it time for adjustment.

Laila and Minchie

The Meowers from Missouri said...

oh, gosh, yes--bless your household wif anofur little furry life!! the goddess will smile on you all for gifing shelter to a kitty whose plight is not of his making!!

love, purrs, & best fishes,
nels
ed
nitro
xing lu

Lux said...

I think after the period of adjustment, you might really have fun with a brother!

Poor guy - I feel so sorry for him having lost his home and family.

Black Cat said...

Yes, yes, yes! After adjustment time I'm sure you'll both be happy and Bean too:) xxx

Sunny's Mommy said...

I'm sure there will be a period of adjustment for you, but I think you would like having a companion with you all the time.

-d ma said...

that is a tough one. i would guess it is difficult for an adult cat to suddenly have to share their territory. but i still vote yes. it might take a period of adjustment but once that is passed I think you'll enjoy the company.

Chance said...

We all votes yes heer. I meens, it canna hurt ta twy an if it duzna wurks owt, den yur bean can help fin him a home ware he will be happies.

PB 'n J said...

Sorry to be so late with our votes, but we say yes too! It's always fun to have someone to hang out with.

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

adding a new cat is never a no brainer, it depends on the current cat.
i think it is a good idea to have more than one so they can keep each other company. there are many many good tips on how to introduce sibling cats to each other (and Feliway is fantastic) and it isn't a good idea to rush it.

i think it is worth a try for you to have a playmate and snuggle buddy, and him to have a wonderful loving forever home.

i've also heard that it is easier to introduce boy kitties into the house than females.

michico*Adan said...

Having a company is not bad.
But really need to take times~!!

Misty Whispurrs said...

Dearest Diamond, I grew up in a cattery with fifty elvendy cats and i didn't like it. I like being just the queen of the house. But now I get lonesome sometimes. Mama bought me a hamster, but I can't get him out of his cage. She bought me a fish, but I can't get him out of his dish. Another kitty would be good company. Mr.Fletcher comes to visit, and it's nice to have him here. So I say Yes to another kitty. Love and purrs, Misty.