Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Monday, September 29, 2008

Midnight Myth Monday - Feline Totem Animals

Diamond


Everyone has nine totem animals. These animals represent the "medicine" or power they carry with them and offer to you. Seven of them come to you by the seven directions surrounding your physical body. This is the 4 directions of east, west, north and south and above, below and within.

The other two are ones that walk by your side and are seen in your dreams. They are revealed when you are ready to see them and/or call upon them to utilize their gifts.

Animal medicine refers to the power or "medicine" that particular animal offers. For example, someone who is connected to the horse usually has the same attributes as that animal such as great physical strength, nobility and willingness to please. They will go the distance, are reliable, and steadfast.

An animal does not have to be in your totem for you to call upon their medicine. It depends on the circumstance. In most cases your totem animals are more than capable of providing you with the necessary tools.

These animal spirits are here to assist us in our earthwalk. They provide the necessary connection to the great spirit and enable you to connect our body, mind and spirit to all that is. The more you recognize your connectiveness or oneness with these spirits the better you are able to utilize their gifts.

The Native Americans recognize the following Feline Totem animals and their medicines. It should be noted that animals such as the Lion and Tiger were not known at the time North America was originally discovered, but then, the same could be said of the horse.

Puma and Cougar are Usually different names for the same animal - the so called Mountain Lion. But Puma can also refer to a cat in Jaguarundi family and most like refers to a Jaguarundi (sometimes called the "little lion").

Panther refers to the black variation of the South American Jaguar and not to the endangered Florida Panthers, which are are a branch of the Mountain Lion family.

Cat: Guardianship, detachment, sensuality, mystery, magic, and independence
Cheetah: Swiftness, insight, focus; also nourishment and mother figure
Cougar: Leadership, loyalty, courage, taking responsibility, foresight
Lion: Family, strength, energy, courage, guardian and protector
Lynx: Keeper of secrets, guardian, listener, and guide
Panther: Protection, hidden emotions, introspection, caution, careful decisions
Puma: Companion on journeys to other worlds, grace, silent power
Tiger: Strength, valor, power, and energy

10 comments:

MoMo said...

This is very interesting. I think the Australian aborigines have similar concepts, but applicable to a whole different set of animals.

Jewelgirl said...

The whole cat mystic is interesting
subject to me. Living with domestic cats all my life I believe they are amazing creatures. No matter what feline genus type cats are, all cats big or small share similar traits
described in your totem post.

Black Cat said...

This is fascinating, I never knew before that everyone has nine totem animal spirits, but I'm not surprised in many ways. So many different races and cultures have similar myths that one can't help wondering if there is some truth behind them:) xxx

Tybalt said...

Another wonderful post!

By the way, I gave you an award on my blog today. Come by and get it when you have the chance!

-d ma said...

i've never really stopped to think about what a totem pole represents. interesting stuff. and yes i did nap during the twins must win hope detroit wins today game.

jenianddean said...

That is really interesting. I resemble a lion and Huggy Bear is a House Panther, so I think Mom and Dad are in good shape.
--Jasper

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Fascinating

Kitikata-san said...

Can I have a domestic house cat as a totem animal? Or can I be someone's companion as they walk? I am very good medicine when I purr, and especially when I let people pet me.

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

you always have such cool posts! you're a very smart and well read kitty.

I looooooooooooove your Walgreens pictures. You are a wonderful model. Your expressions are perfect for your costume.

Jewelgirl said...

Terrific Spooky Pictures from
Walgreens wish I could of made it
that day! AND My Meme and Award
post is up! ♥ Jewelgirl