Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wag the Tag and an Award

What Lo Knows has tagged us for the 5-things Blogging me-me.

The rules for this me-me are...

1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you either positively or negatively;
2. link back to the person who tagged you (See above);
3. link back to the parent post (Sadly, this link is gone);
4. tag a few friends or five, or none at all.

Miss Diamond


1) For me, the most recent effect blogging has had on me was to get me interested in digital scrapbooking. It probably wasn't that much of a stretch, since I've always enjoyed regular scrapbooking and it ties in with my photographic hobby as well. It's also given a me a new love for for computer graphics, something I've usually hated in the past and always dug my heals in about working on.

2) Diamond likes to be the center of attention and gets treats and pets, so for her, blogging has allowed her to become something of a celebri-cat, at least in her own mind. It also allows her to be vocal about the issues she cares about (like Domestic Violence and the price of Temptations).

3) I have found that I have fans in far flung corners of the world, who almost ever write me, and lots of people who hate my guts who always do. As a result, I now have a hide so thick not even the horn of a rhinoceros could penetrate it. I am sure this will serve me well, should I actually end up as one of the featured Bloggers on the Fort Myers News Press next year (as Ed and Ed seem to be planning).

4) I've discovered that if I don't blog for a few days, nobody really cares, but if Diamond takes time off, it's a major CAT-A-Strophe. She also has more friends then I do, which is why I won't let her have her own myspace page.

5) It's allowed me to explore different places in the world that I most certainly wouldn't get to if I had to travel. I'm nearly as bad as Miss D about going places, although cars don't bother me much. Airplanes and buses are a whole different situation.

On the whole though, I've blogged for so long - even before there was "blogging" per se - that it's really hard to say it's affected my life one way or the other. It's certainly made my website(s) easier to update as push button publishing is a heck of a lot easier than building a site in xhtml from the ground up.

As for passing this one on, we'd like to tag Daisy the Curly Cat, as I'm sure her answers would be most edifying, Not the Mama whose comments would be interesting to read I'm sure, Rocky and the crew at Artsy Catsy, who inadvertently introduced Diamond and I to the Cat Blogoshere, MoMo, down under, who I'm sure is looking forward to summer, and the Hotties, over at House of the (Mostly) Black Cats.




Diamond would like to thank Mr. Hendrix the Kitty for her wonderful Brilliant Weblog award. (She does so love to get awards.)

Award


Here are the rules:
1) Put the logo on your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on yours.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.

Diamond and I would like to nominate the following blogs, which enjoy reading on a regular basis:

Cat's Eye
Sandwiched Mom!
Team Tabby
Tybalt, the Prince of Cats
T'Abby Normal and the Stygian Panther
Our life by Eric and Flynn
Purrchance to Dream

10 comments:

T'Abby Normal said...

Thank you for awarding us. We also really enjoy your blog, commentary, and the causes you support (we feel strongly about the same things!).

Purrs,
Stygia, Abby, & Ms. C

Team Tabby said...

Diamond and mombean, thanks for giving us the Brillante Weblog Award,we appreciate this very much. We love the new look of your blog, we always enjoy looking at your lovely graphics. So sorry we haven't been blogging and visiting this past week,mom's been busy - so she says.

hugs 'n purrs,
Mindy & Moe

Kaz's Cats said...

Concatulations on your awards! We like the comment at # 4 where you mention that 'if Diamond takes time off, it's a major CAT-A-Strope' - It shows that at least you understand that it's all about the cat! Seriously, we love dropping in and reading about different issues and causes close to Diamond's heart.

Purrs

Gypsy & Tasha

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Congratulations on your awards. We'll also be looking forward to Daisy's answers!

-d ma said...

thank u so much for the award and being a loyal reader of the boyz blog.

go twins

Sunny's Mommy said...

Interesting meme. Congratulations to Diamond on her award!

Jewelgirl said...

Thank you for the meme award!
You are so talented with the
scrapbooking! It is wonderful that
you take your time to put a smile on all of our faces with your terrific work! Xtra Super Purrs from us,
Spooky Do, Daisy Dukes,Aniwa Scrat,
Shadow Lady and me - Jewelgirl!

Daisy said...

That is an interesting Meme! I have been very, very Bad about keeping up with doing Memes but I will try my best!

MoMo said...

Congratulations on your award. You sure deserve it as Diamond's blog is super and very informative.

Thankyou for tagging me - I will try to get my SS to comply but she has been very bad/lazy/inefficient lately. Something about work and training.

Eric and Flynn said...

Congratulations on your award Diamond, and thanks for passing it on to us.
The meme was very interesting.