Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Almost Wordless Wednesday

Domestic Cat,House Panther,Miss Diamond
Don't bug me


This was just brought to my attention and it is a very important hazard to note about your house!

It seems that many human now keep these paper shredder machines in their home office. These machines can be very dangerous to both woofies and kitties.

Cats like the warmth of the engine. They may curl up on top of the machine to sleep and their furs on their legs or tail could end up pulling the leg or the tail into the shredder.

Woofies have lost their tongues when they stick then in to a shredder that is turned to "auto".

Always keep paper shredders turned completely off when they are not in use or better yet, UNPLUG THEM!

Click HERE to read more about these shredding machines and a real life tale of terror involving one!

9 comments:

Lacy said...

w00f's Diamond, me dided me tag and that iz sum pawsome information about paper shredders, me woodnt have thought about it..

b safe,
~rocky~

Parker said...

Diamond, I am glad we do not have a shredder in our home!

Cory said...

Oh wow Diamond, that's important to know. My mom and dad keep one closed up in a cupboard so we can't get to it...and it's turned off, but maybe I can convince them to unplug it too. We don't want any shredded tails!

Pee Ess- You look very beautiful today.

Eduardo said...

OMD! How awful! Thank dog Mommy doesn't have one because I have to lick everything!
Happy Early Thanksgiving!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Eduardo said...

OH MY! My Mommy read that story & being the crybaby she is, she just feels so horrible that that happened & is in tears! OMD! I hope that all people get rid of they're paper shredders!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Sunny's Mommy said...

Ours is always unplugged if it's not in use.

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

oh yes, my mommy read something like this years ago. she keeps ours unplugged so it is safe!

Happy Thanksgiving Diamond!

The Island Cats said...

That a very good tip, Diamond! Mom has a shredder...we don't really bother it...but you never know...we may start one day!

Black Cat said...

I read about a kitten who got caught in a shredder a couple of weeks ago on Chase, Kaze and Latte's blog. The poor little kitty was so badly injured he had to be helped to the Bridge. My eyes leaked and leaked. I don't know why anyone who shares their home with a kitty, woofie, bunny, hamster or any other precious companion would leave the darn shredder plugged in! Madness!

You must be psychic (well of course you are, you're a cat, lol!) but only today I was wondering how Thanksgiving Day came about so I was most interested to ready your history of it! :) xxx