Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Thursday, November 13, 2008

T-13: The Woods Out Back

Header,Graphics


Sometimes, we can find magic in the most common of places. This was part of the message in the Wizard of Oz movie, but this post is not about wizards, and we're not going somewhere over the rainbow.

In fact, we're going no further than our back yard.

In 1993 R.A. Salvatore wrote a novel called The Woods Out Back, in which young man, disenchanted with his day hunting job at a plastic manufacturing factory, falls asleep in a fairy ring in the woods while reading his favorite book, The Hobbit. He wakes up in the mystical forest of Tira'N'Og and finds himself on a quest.

The tale is funny and witty, and while it does not include a cat, it does include a dragon and a leprechaun and any number of other interesting creatures.

While I have not noticed any dragons about - except for dragonflies - one should always be careful when catnapping in a fairy ring, because you never know what realm you might wake up in...

1. In Aus, it might be spring, but when Mushka wake up, she find some fall weather, and a lovely little fall fairy to lead her on an adventure...


Siamese Cat,Autumn,Fairies


2. Nelly made a wish upon a star for a fur-ever home, and she found one with the Jewel Cats at the Sandwiched Mom blog. It looks like Amber Fae come to grant her wish!


Domestic Cat,Tabby Cat,Autumn,Fairies


3. Animated scarecrows can be found in other places than Kansas, as Penny from Two Cats and a Dog finds out when she meets a little friend...


Dog,Fairies,Autumn


4. Harley finds enchantment with maples leaves and a Painted Fae. As I do not think we have maple trees in Florida, I can only say, Harley, that you're definitely not in Broward County anymore...


Domestic Cat,Autumn,Fairies


5. Billy Sweetfeets is probably wishing for good health and not to have to take his medications anymore. I wonder if that is his Fairy Godmother with him, and if she can help him...


Ginger Cat,Tabby Cat,Autumn,Fairies


6. What is all that noise! Oh, it's just Baby Mao leaving. I think he has even given his little scarecrow friend a headache...


Siamese Cat,Fairies,Autumn


7. Diamond Dog finds himself in an Enchanted Forest with a Green Fly Fae. I wonder what adventures she have in mind for him...


Dog,Autumn,Fairies


8. Tesla was feeling a bit under the weather this week, but perhaps a visit from this shy little scarecrow friend will make her feel better! I do not know if he can cure respiratory infections though!


Calico Cat,Autumn,Domestic Cat,Fairies


9. Olive Oly says she has never been in the woods before. But that is okay, as this lovely Fall Fairy will lead you through Aleia's magical land:


Fairies,Autumn,Domestic Cat


10. Sweet Praline is being visited by a Blue Nymph...and a vishus deer! Oh my! I hope she can banish the evil vishus deer before he causes too much trouble!


Long Haired Cat,Himalayan Cat,Autumn,Fairies


11. Dr. Tweety seems to be enjoying all the leaves, and his little Painted Fae friend. He is probably wishing for wings so he could go flying too!


Long Haired Cat,Domestic Cat,Autumn,Fairies


12. Ever since I meet the Ops Pack, I have been getting new woofies coming to visit. Rocky from The Hudson Furkids is one of them. I wonder what secret his little scarecrow friend is whispering in his ear?


Dog,Autumn,Fairies


Perhaps is the identity of our secret NMS guest?

13. Indeed, she is a very special guest who is also an honorary puddin. She live in England and you know her, of course, as Black Cat.

Amber Fae know her and her floofyhead furiend too!


Autumn,Fairies

As always, our guest should feel free to use these graphics on their home pages. If you need me to email them to you, let me know (my e-mail addy is available on my profile page). If you would like to write a story about your adventures, I would certainly love to read them!

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to our 13 magical realms as well as enjoyed my little fairy subjects who are more than willing to come and play with such wonderful fursons that inhabit the Cat (and dog) Blogospheres!

May all your dreams be happy and enchanted ones, and when you wish upon a star, may all your wishes come true!

Graphics


Next week we'll be Talking Turkey, here at Diamond's Harvest Home. Can you believe that turkey day is just around the corner?

It will be much fun and you really won't want to miss it! Thanks you for stopping by, and your comments are always appreciated!

22 comments:

Jewelgirl said...

Happy Thursday Thirteen! Once again
you out did yourself with the wonderful art and commentary!
We ♥ Nelly and she's doing well!

ML said...

What beautiful enchanting pickshures. Great post, enjoyed seeing all our furriends.
Love & Purrs,
KC

ML said...

Great post! And doesn't Billy Sweetfeets look handsome :: blush ::.
Purrs, Faith Boomerang

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Hmm, wonder if da fairies came to mom last night as she dreamed she was on a river in da woods!

Lacy said...

w00f's, me lovesss it....they iz all bute ti fullll...and me cant tell u watt the scarecrow telled me, it maded me promise not to...

b safe,
~rocky~

pps can me show me girl friends, pleaseeee please please...

Karen Jo said...

What a lovely set of graphics! I loved seeing all of them.

Evie/VampyVictor said...

OMC Miss Diamond!! We lve just about every day here at your place!! T12's are always a treat!! hehe I can even sees some kitties looking!! :)

Mushka wanted me to thank you so much for thinking of her, and that she doesn't get into many adventures nowdays but VERY MUCH enjoyed the one the little fairy took her on, but she can't tell it's a secret shhhh
She sends lots of kissies, she is very much a little kissie girl :)

V-V

T'Abby Normal said...

That was a lot of fun to read and look at! We were astonished when we scrolled on to the picture of Diamond and saw it was Diamond Dog and not Diamond Demon er... *cough* What undue influence? *begins to wash*

Purrs,
Abby & Stygia

Daisy said...

Whoa! That was magical! Thanks for sharing all the beautiful pictures and stories.
Daisy

I SEE ME! Thanks YOU! Can I CHASE the fall fairies!?! I want to RUN and PLAY in the WOODS! WOOHOO! This is very FUN!
Harley

The Meezers said...

OH BOY OH BOY!!! ME is so happy!! ME looks furry wonderful in the pikshur you made of ME. FANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! - Billy SweetFeets

ZOOLATRY said...

A special treat, a joy, magical to see and read. This was a great posting today and we congratulate you on it... all the 'fairies in the forest' are marvelous.

Parker said...

Diamond wanted me to tell you how much he enjoyed being in the woods! Usually when he goes out there he has to wear a leash, so this was extra wonderful!
Beautiful designs!

Cory said...

What fun! We enjoyed every adventure and loved seeing our furrends in new places! You get an 8 paw salute from us this morning!

Mickey said...

Diamond,I am really enjoying yout T13's lately!! You do such nice pages. How wonderful to see our friends in such glorious settings :)
Purrs Mickey

PB 'n J said...

Another beautiful T13 Diamond!

Sunny's Mommy said...

Ohhh, your beans made me so very, very pretty. Thanks very much. I'm so honored to be included with all these beautiful kitties and woofies and Miss Black Cat!

~~Ollie

PS: My Mommy sez all of these are wonderful.

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

Happy Thursday 13! You are so talented Diamond. I'm sure all your visitors loved their trip thru the woods with their fairy and scarecrow friends.

We had a fairy ring in the yard last year! Good thing I didn't sleep in it

Sweet Praline said...

Mommy! Do you see me? I love my picture!!!

Don't worry, I chased away that vishus deer!

The Island Cats said...

That was a great Thursday 13! We enjoyed all the pictures!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

lol lo thats WONDERFUL!!!! I LUF it!!!!! Fank you guys! You clever things you! xxx

Baby mao xxx

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Oh my goodnezz!!! I yam soo surprized. I hadz no idea I waz a prt of your bloggie! Da momee waz at a con-furrence, & I onlee today waz paruzin' da Cat announce-mints & saw my name featured along wit all deze other grreat catsez.
Da graffix iz fee-nominal! Tank you... & dat pic of Black Cat waz da bestee!!! She waz tryin' to hidez her face frum us wit a blue hat.. so we iz mostee glad to see her.
Az soon az we can post gain, I yam gonna puts you on our blogroll & show of da wunderful pic of moi!!!
Tank you,
Dr Tweety

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Happy Thursday Thirteen (a little late) to you. Thank you for doing the pawsome picture of Rocky - we just saw this on Angel Lacylulu's blog.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci