Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wondering Wednesday

Miss Diamond,Gothic,House Panther


I make the comment yesterday that Tristan, my Tabby brofur, cannot make kittens anymore. However, Tristan, on his blog report about his exploits at Playcat Club and so Zoolatry wonder what the truth is.

We wonder too.

We know for a fact he has been neutered. Aside from the physical evidence, we do have all his vet records from the time he was a kitten and so we also know which vet do the deed, so to speak.

However, Tristan still tend to run around and act very Tomcatish, wanting to be out all night, and getting into fights over lady cats, At least he does not spray all over the house to mark his territory, like a real Tomcat would.

We can only assume that he like to engage in certain activities for the entertainment value, much like humans. Beyond that, we don't know. He does not form any lasting relationships though, that we know of, and still only have laser eyes for T'Abby Normal when he home.

We have not run across this before, except in cases of Toms that were neutered when they were older, which is not the case with Tristan, as he had not reached maturity at the time he went in for his procedure.

If anyone can shed any light on the subject, please do. At least he come home though now, and not drive my poor bean crazy with worry by staying out for days on end.

graphics


Don't forget that tomorrow is Frisky Feline Fall here at Diamond's Harvest Home. If any cats or woofies, would like autumn, winter, or Holiday themed pictures to use on their sidebars (much like we do for Zoolatry) please leave us a comment or send me an email to diamond_cat3-at-yahoo-dot-com.

Please let us know what you wish. I suppose if you Down Under, you might want a green Christmas, so let us know that too.

We can also do them in 5 x 7 inch format if you want to print them out and use them for greeting cards. Make sure to state that too. If you have specific picture you'd like us to use, or try to use, please send that via e-mail.

If you want just a generic Thanksgiving graphic, like the turkey on my left hand side bar, you can find some HERE that you can snag and use.

We can do other themed pictures as well, like "Pirate Lord" or "Cute Kitty Cat" if you wish.

graphics


The Carnival is Coming!


House Panthers will be hosting the Carnival of Cats this weekend. You can submit your post HERE, or you can e-mail it to me at diamond_cat3-at-yahoo-dot-com if the submit form is not working.

If you do not know what a Carnival is, I have written a Beginners Guide to Carnivals and Synchroblogging, which I'm sure you'll find useful. I hope to see you ALL at the Carnival!

Also, much thanks to Miz Mog for stepping in and taking over the weekly running of the Carnival of the Cats, including the procuring of huckster's to host the Carnival Editions.

Now I must wander off in search of some Temptations!

3 comments:

Evie/VampyVictor said...

Miss Diamond I feel Tris's pain, I am no longer able to leave my seed, but I try and try, I do not mark either (Momma says luckily) but I act in all ways like a little Tom would.. I use Mommas arm quite regularly, I do not "finish" I just like to go through the motions and make lots of noise and fuss about it.
Momma is not sure but I think some vets do the make procedure differently.
Friends of ours in the Americas haz a man cat and they said they did not even know he woz a man cat because he had nothing, just like a girl down there where as I has little balls, there is nothing in them so they are not as big as my fur dadda who is a stud and has all his bits, but I still haves them just not the bits that "produce".
Maybee it might be something to do with that?
Otherwise Momma and I have discussed it and would love to know too :)
PES: I woz done as soon as I woz old enough too :)

V-V

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Our Orange cat was something of a Tomcat although he was neutered. However, he was a fatherly fellow.

Sunny's Mommy said...

Sunny was neutered as soon as we could have it done. He was 7 weeks old when we got him 10 years ago so it wasn't done as early as vets do it now. Ollie came indoors to live with us when she was 3 months old. Once Ollie got a little bit bigger he tried to mount her, a lot. She wasn't showing signs of being in heat, either. Once we had Ollie fixed, he quit doing that. I was so relieved! Sunny had never attempted that behavior with Rascal (who was much older and fixed).

He's never sprayed and being an indoors only cat since we got him at 7 weeks, has no idea of what it's like out there and has no interest in it. Except for watching from windows.