Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuxi Tip Tuesday

My brofur make a comment in his blog about going a place he not allowed, which caused some cats to say "You mean there are places we're not allowed?"

In all households, there are some places a feline should not go. The stove - for example - should be off limits always for obvious safety reasons. Establishing an off limits rule even with the stove not in use, could help to prevent injuries later.

Common sense should rule. Some humans do not like their cats on their counter tops and food preparation areas there they might run across things like sharp knives that could injure them.

To keep a cat off someplace they are not allowed - like counter or stove tops, try temporarily applying double-sided tape to the edges of the surface. Cats dislike the sticky feeling on their paws. (My bean says if you have trouble getting the tape off later, nail polish remover works wonders.)

An alternative is to purchase a mat made for keeping cats off counters. It is plastic mat that emits a small static shock when touched. This way the cat will be discouraged from going someplace he or she should not, even when the human is away from home.

6 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Khats are probably not pawmitted in my mouth either!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I hope woo have a furry happy new year!

The Island Cats said...

Those are some good tips...we're not suppose to go on the stove...Ernie got his feets burnt once when he did that...sometimes we still get up there (it's so warm!) but mom always makes us get down...rats!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

The humans tried to keep me off the counters with the noise makers--the Woman would set them off walking into the kitchen on the floor but I could jump up next to them and smell them...I am so light on my feet!

Cafe Cats said...

I is still too little to reach the counters, but I is practicing! I chased Bebe up there the other day and it was FUN!

Iago

The OP Pack said...

Our humans used mousetraps to teach us to keep our snooters and paws off the counters. Maybe not such a good idea for kitty's little paws.

Woos, the OP Pack

Evie/VampyVictor said...

hehee I did not say that, but the only place I is not allowed is the stove top... and I has to keep off the kitchen counters when Momma is cooking but I knowz that.

Momma just keeps the house "kid friendly" or more so "kitten friendly" and tries to make sure there is nothing left around anywhere that can hurt us :)
Momma loves your sticky tape idea! I hates the sticky tapes! :)
V-v