Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuxi-tude!

Miss Diamond,House Panther,Tuxi Cat,Domestic Cat


I has it!


Bad Kitty


Cat Care Tips on Tuesday

Much as I hate to admit it, there are times when my poop does stink. As I mention in my blog once before, I prefer to go outside to go to bathroom as I like to dig in dirt, but if the weather is bad, I have to use the litter box.

I like a clean litter box, which means that the soiled litter needs to be removed daily. I also want my box cleaned thoroughly every two weeks - my Bean usually do this on a Monday night as Tuesday in our trash day.

Also because I share a house with the Tabby Introoder, we need one litter box for each of us. Some experts say you should have one more box than the number of cats in the house, but I know Bean will not go for cleaning THREE litter boxes. ::sigh::

Because I am not a show off, I also like to have my litter box in a low "people traffic" area. It is not polite to make your toilet in front of guests.

There are many good litter bands on the market. We have been using the Swheat brand of litter and I like it a lot. Recently we hear of a new product called Perfect Litter, but have not seen it in the stores yet.

Is supposed to effectively address the three biggest litter problems: tracking, dust and odor. It's non-clay based and is good for the environment (just like Swheat litter is). It also supposed to be light weight and it supposed have a patented early warning system of FLUTD, a potential fatal disease that effects millions of cats each year.

I guess they have some problems in manufacturing it, so it has not been widely distributed, but I will be interested to see if it really live up to its name.

7 comments:

Evie/VampyVictor said...

Oh you gets your own litter box!! That is cool! We has to share, but it is ok, It is a special litter box that gets to wee and we rockets so the poop is cleaned up straight away by our Momma.
WE uses a special litter too, that Momma can put on her garden and use as mulch afterwards, it is little sawdust pellets.. I should do a post on y special litter box one day :)
Gah I always talk too long!
I loves your sunken mischief cheeks in the picture Miss Diamond, you sure does have cattitude! :))

V-V

-d ma said...

i really like the swheat brand- it clumps well and hides the smell pretty good. my only beef is that it really gets tracked around the house. i'm not sure what the boyz think though.

Cafe Cats said...

You is ALL cattitude in that piture, Diamond!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

You definitely have tuxitude!

Luna said...

Did you ever hear from the selfcleaning litterbox, called littermate! no we don´t have that mom says its too expensive.
We have two litterboxes. We are 3 cats and if we have one more then cats are in hose we must have 4, Mom says NO. Ok 2 are enough. We use "Extreme classic" that is the best in Germany.
We cats ask us now if the humans post about their human litterboxes too next time ;o)

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

Sometimes I have stinky poo too. My beans also scoop daily and soap and water my box bi-weekly.

I use Feline Pine. We really like it here. It is also flushable so 1/2 the time we flush and that saves plastic bag trash!

You look like you're up to something in that picture, as pretty as it is...

Sweet Praline said...

I have a very private litter box and all to myself. Of course, I am the only kitty in the house! Love your cattitude picture.