Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Thursday, January 29, 2009

T-13: Cats Down Under

This week, I decide to take a little trip over to Aus, where it is summer, instead of waiting round for the winter to go away. After all, they have nice sun shines there.

And of course, they were all celebrating for Australia Day, so today I visit with 13 furriends that live under the Southern Cross.

1. First I stop to visit with Pablo. He live in West Hobart, in Tasmania. They have Devils there, but I not see any. Hobart is the capital city of Tasmania. It is actually on a little Island all to itself and is a busy seaport, serving as the home port the Antarctic activities of Australia and France.

Tabby Cat


2. Next I go to Sydney to visit with my furriend Momo. Momo is world traveler, so sometime it is hard to catch her at home, but I lucky this time. Sydney is a very beautiful city and it is the most populous of the cities in Australia. His located on the South-east coast of Australia.

Domestic Longhair


3. Also living in Sydney is Vampy Victor:

Burmese Cat


4. He lives with his sisfur, Mushka, the Mistress of Mayhem and I cannot visit one without visiting the other. Sydney is also the most expensive city to live in all of Australia and it is the 15th most expensive city in the world. Victor and Mushka take me to see the beautiful Sydney Opera House, as they know how much I like music.

Burmese Cat


5. Next I go to Melbourne, which is almost 600 miles from Sydney where I meet with Huffle Mawson, Explorer Cat. She take me out to see Kangaroos! Huffle is one of my fellow House Panthers. Melbourne is located in Victoria where it serves as the State Capital. It is the second most populous city in Australia, with about 3.8 million residents.

House Panther


6. & 7. She suggest that while I in Melbourne I stop to visit Tasha and Gypsy, who also live there. We have a Melbourne in Florida too, but it is not a big city, like the one in Australia is.

Tabby Cat


Domestic Shorthair


8. & 9. Melbourne nice place to live, as Oscar the Wonder Cat and his sisfur Molly also live there. It is recognized as Australia's sporting and cultural capital and hosted the Summer Olympics in 1956. (That very long ago.)

Domestic Mediumhair


Torti Cat


10, & 11. Next I stop by MacVet's Pets, to visit with Bombay and Bangles:

Tabby Cat


House Panther


12. I want to see how they are doing because ever since the Kitten Slash show up, we have not heard from Bombay and Bangles. There are many things to see in Melbourne with is mix of Victorian and contemporary architecture. But sadly I must continue my trip.

Domestic Mediumhair


13. Of course no trip would be complete if I didn't visit with Diamond in Adelaide! Adelaide too is a Capital City, serving as the seat of government for South Australia. It is the fifth largest city in Australia with more than 1.1 million residents. It is a coastal city, situated near the Gulf of St. Vincent. It has a very pleasant Mediterranean climate and it was nice to bask in the sun there.

Russian Blue


Sadly, I must end my trip there, and I didn't get to visit everyone. Perhaps I will go for another visit as I would like to tour New Zealand too! I hope you all enjoyed this shared journey to Aus!

Next week I am going to have a special All Woofie edition of T-13, so I hope that you will join as we welcome Dogs with Blogs into Diamond's Lair!

21 comments:

Cheysuli and gemini said...

I had no idea I had so many friends down under.

MoMo said...

Woohoo, what a pleasant surprise! Thanks so much for visiting us! Right after Australia Day too, when the holiday season is officially over and all the beans have gone back to school and work.

You must come back again and we can explore other places.

VampyVictor said...

OH Miss Diamond we just loved you being here with us!!
And you did not mention after visiting the Opera house taking a ferry tour of the harbor, or when we did the great Sydney Harbor bridge climb.. gee that was scary!!
Ahhhh the memories :))
And you are totally right, it is silly to come to Australia without taking the time to go see New Zealand :).. oh BOY a trip to Australia you need so much more time to see things than most imagine :)
OK enough reminiscing.. must get back to looking after Momma now.. stupid chest infections.. and she hasn't smoked for 3 years now.. wtf?! heheh
We enjoyed your post lots today.. always do, but it is fun to see us visiting at home :))
haha PES: I am embarrassed but some things you said I did not even know.. like about Sydney being the 15th most expensive city... I can attest for that one! ouch! hehe

meemsnyc said...

That was so fantastic!! So many lovely kitties down under!

Jewelgirl said...

Wonderful to meet new friends!
The patriotic theme was a bright
spot in my January blog cruising!

Lacy said...

w00f's Diamond, wow, as usual u out did urself....me nos a few of the kittys and now me gots sum more to go meet....

b safe,
~rocky~

Kaz's Cats said...

Thanks for dropping by Diamond! Those pictures are lovely. You're very welcome to drop in again, and maybe you'd like to bring your tabby brofur next time...LOL!

Purrs

Gypsy & Tasha

Cory said...

That was fun, we didn't realize how many Aussie friends we had...and you didn't even visit them all!

The OP Pack said...

What a nice trip down under!!! Hope woo didn't get too hot down there - we hear it is very very warm these days.

Woos, the OP Pack

-d ma said...

good day mate.

The Crew said...

G'day to all our friends down under! What a nice tribute, Diamond.

Samantha and Mr. Tigger said...

Wow! We didn't realize we had so many down under friends either!! Thanks for sharing your visit with them and the cool info about Australia & Tasmania!
Your FL furiends,

Daisy said...

Lots of cool kitties live in Australia!

Misha said...

Come and visit us Kiwi cats next time you're down under!

The Island Cats said...

That was fun! Thanks for taking us on that visit!

Sunny's Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunny's Mommy said...

Those are all wonderful!! That is a great theme, I had no idea there were so many Australian blogging kitties. Can't wait to see the woofies next week :-D

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

What a great Thursday 13! We love our down under friends. This was neat cause we learned more about Australia too!

Can't wait until next week when the woofies take over!

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

I hope woo dressed lightly...

Those folks Down Under are trying to melt!

Huffle's mum told SMS it was 118 degrees!

That is just WRONG!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sweet Praline said...

I loved seeing my friends from "down under" and enjoyed meeting some new ones.

Mickey,Georgia , Tillie said...

Sorry to be late...again!!!!
These are a pawsome collection of our friends down under :) You present them so well too and it is a pleasure to come and see them!!
Purrs Mickey