Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Friday, March 13, 2009

Hungry Calico found in couch

I see this story on the Associated Press services:

SPOKANE, Wash. – The mysterious mewing in Vickie Mendenhall's home started about the time she bought a used couch for $27. After days of searching for the source of the noise, she found a very hungry calico cat living in her sofa.

Her boyfriend, Chris Lund, was watching TV on Tuesday night and felt something move inside the couch. He pulled it away from the wall, lifted it up and there was the cat, which apparently crawled through a small hole on the underside.

Mendenhall contacted Value Village, where she bought the couch, but the store had no information on who donated it. So she took the cat to SpokAnimal CARE, the animal shelter where she works, so it could recover, and contacted media outlets in hopes of finding the owner.

Sure enough, Bob Killion of Spokane showed up to claim the cat on Thursday after an acquaintance alerted him to a TV story about it. Killion had donated a couch on Feb. 19, and his 9-year-old cat, Callie, disappeared at about the same time.


So...something new to watch for. When donating furniture, make sure cat not inside!

PeeEss: I hear my tabby brofur has to go to the V-E-T! He has case of squirts! Ucky!

Update: Tristan is going to see Dr. McKelvie tomorrow at 10 AM. This is the doctor that took care of him when he got a fishhook stuck in his mouth. This happened before he came to live with us, I'm looking forward to hearing all the dirt on our tabby cat.

9 comments:

Cory said...

What a crazy story! Glad it turned out ok for the calico!

Daisy said...

Thank goodness the story has a happy ending! My Mommie would scream if something started moving under the sofa.

I hope Tristan feels better soon!

Tristan and Crikey said...

That's a very good tip! We'll pass it on to all of our Bean friends.

The Creek Cats said...

Glad to hear that story had a good ending!!

Sending lots of healing purrs to your brofur!!

Sunny's Mommy said...

I'm glad the cat was discovered and was reunited with it's family.

I hope Tristan will be feeling better soon, after his visit with the V E T.

Have a great weekend :-)

Pablo said...

I'm so glad that Callie found her way home! Hope Tristan is ok, too. Happy weekend!

VampyVictor said...

Oh my goodness poor Callie I am very happy that it was a happy ending!
Now I know your ending is not too good at the moment Tris, but I is hoping that it will also be happy soon! :))
V-V

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Must send Mom fur some FURniture tomorrow....

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

pet care tv said...

this is such a great story:

cat in couch