Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Save Money, Give me treats!

It seem like everyone these days is looking to save money in one way or another. Dr. Jon and the PetsPlace.com staff wrote an article giving tips to save money on pet care during this recession.

If you haven't read it - go to 9 Tips to Save Money on Pet Care. It has some good tips.

One way to save money is to spend less on cat treats. Some pet owners spend a LOT of money on treats. (But then, we are good cat, cats and deserve lots of treats.)

Here are a few tips on how you can minimize what you spend on treats while stilling have the pleasure of giving treats:

1. Feed less treats. You don't have to stop feeding them but consider feeding less. Treats are fun to give but there is nothing in them that your cat needs. Cat treats are similar to a candy bar or snack for us. We might like it but we don't need it.

2. Smaller treats. Instead of feeding less frequent treats - break them up in smaller pieces and feed smaller treats. (Try this with my Temptations and I break YOU into smaller pieces.)

3. Make your own treats. One way to cut costs and have fun is to make your own treats. I'll even share some great cat treat recipes with you. These are easy to make and all natural so you know exactly what is in them.

Homemade Cat Treats Recipes
Healthy Cat Treats
Homemade Cat Treats for the Senior Cat

Remember that I will be happy to taste any treats you make before you give them to your own cat! I take my taste testing service very seriously, so you know I will give you good recommendation if you make your treats right!

5 comments:

Daisy said...

Since Harley and I are on a raw diet now, the prepared frozen medallions are a little expensive. My Mommeh has been thinking about making our own raw food, but so far, she is too nervous to take the plunge.

Max said...

Dooood..really! Break my Temptations up and something will meet a toothy death!!!

Sunny's Mommy said...

All those treat recipes sound good!

When we had our doggie, Stitch, for a while I was making him homemade treats. A whole wheat/sun dried tomato bone, and a cheesy, twisty bread stick. He loved them!

MoMo said...

I don't get treats on a regular basis. My treats consist of shared cold meat and cheese with SS on the weekend, and that is fine by me.

weluvpets said...

We weren't able to locate your email address that why we made this comment post...

Congratulations! Your website has been hand selected and
recognized by Pet Supplies Place to receive our 2009 -"Cool Cat Site of
the Day Award" !

Your cat related blog was chosen by our webmasters, to honor your hard
work and dedication in providing a quality website.
Requirements:
1)Excellent Quality Content.
2)Website Ease of use.
3)Great blog that all shall read.

Show off our appreciation and display your award on as many pages of your
site as you wish, by following the directions on the link below:

To Claim Award Click Here



http://www.petsuppliesplace.com/award/cats.html

***Attention*******Free Pet Website Link Directory (Great Web Traffic)****

Great News! Our Pet Services Search Directory is receiving great traffic
{25,000 Unique Visitors} from Google, Yahoo & Msn, feel free to add your
website at any time.

To Add Your Website To Our Pet Services Search Directory:


Click
Here Add Your Pet Website URL


Thank You For The Opportunity To View Your Great Website,


Keep Up The Good Work,
Marie R.
Owner
Pet Supplies Place.Com
a Soy Candles Baby& CraftsCompany