Captain's Cabin

Pirate Lord of the Platinum Coast
View My Profile

graphics

Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
Cleo on the Beach - Dianna
Find my staff on:

Blogger Button Twitter Facebook Button MySpace Button Photobucket Button


graphics


Be kind to animals!
Terry & Friend
Have lunch with Hockey Player!


graphics


House Panthers


graphics


Tuxie Gang Hideout


graphics


Pink Ladies


graphics


Coat of Many Colors


graphics


Got Nip?


graphics


Kats Cat of the Day
Nov. 7, 2007


graphics


I've been limericked






Thanks to Mickey for this award!


graphics


Extraordinary Gold Star Award
Thanks to Chey for this award!


graphics


Bloggers of the World Award
Catnip Corner has given me this wonderful award!


graphics


You make my day award
I have recieved this award from Gretchen and Mr. Hendrix!


graphics


Thinking Blogger Award
Thanks to Kitty Limericks, MoMo and Sunny for this great award!


graphics


Toadally Awesome Award

Thanks to Wild Cats Three for this award.


graphics


Inpiring Blog Award

I have received this award from Mickey.


graphics


Excellent Blog Award

Thanks to St. Louis Meezers and Wild Cat's Three for this Award!


graphics


Caring Cat Award

Mickey has given me this Award!


graphics


Award
Thanks to Sunny & Ollie for this award!


graphics


Award
Presented to me by Digicats (& Dogs) a.k.a. my Bean!


graphics


Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sticky the cat found wrapped in duct tape

Humans are very twisted. However, I can assure you this twisted story have a happy ending ...

A cat that was wrapped in duct tape and then dumped in a north Philadelphia woman's yard was later discovered covered so tightly from paw to tail in industrial-strength duct tape that she could not even walk.

Law enforcement officers brought the cat to the local Pennsylvania Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (PSPCA) shelter, where it took an hour to sedate the cat and then cut the tape off of her fur. They were able to successfully remove the duct tape and the cat, nicknamed "Sticky," is now doing well.

"She's doing great. She is really happy and playful, which leads us to believe she came from a household. 'Sticky' didn't even lose much fur when vets removed the duct tape," said Liz Williamson of the PSPCA.

"Sticky" is not available for adoption yet because the PSPCA is giving the owners some time to step forward and claim her.

The PSPCA wants to get to the bottom of this and find out who would do such a sick thing to an innocent animal - and I'm sure all pet lovers feel that way, too. They are offering a $1,000 reward to anyone who provides information leading to a conviction of the person or persons responsible. No arrests have been made and so far authorities don't have any useful leads. If you have any information about who may have done this, please call the animal cruelty hotline at 866.601.7722.

Hopefully, those responsible for harming this loving animal will be punished for their cruel actions.

If you want to see " Sticky the Cat," check out the video below. It shows how she looked when she was found and how great she looks now. Bravo to the woman who found her and to the rescuers who saved her!

Sticky the Cat


Believe me when I say, I do not know why anyone do such a thing to nice tabby cat like this. It is very sad. Who every do this should be wrapped in duct tape, neck to toe and thrown in holding cell for 48-hours, no food or water. See how they like it. Then we take half their skins off when we remove tape. Serve them right. Also need to be neutered so they do not breed more stupid humans.

Pet abuse is way too common. Do you know what to do if you suspect animal abuse?

10 comments:

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

Humans certainly can be cruel. I hope it wasn't Sticky's humans that hurt her! Poor sweetie. I am sure she will find a wonderful loving home if her humans don't come forward.

I posted this to the blogosphere news pages, especially the link about how to spot and stop animal abuse. Very informative. Mommy says those are more effective steps than beating the abuser with a fly swatter while screaming obscenities at them. That is what she would want to do.

Freya's Staff said...

What a shocking story, but thanks for publicising it. the more people that get shocked, the more things ma change.

The Island Cats said...

We're happy that Sticky is gonna be okay! Humans can be really cruel sometimes...

Ginger Jasper said...

I came over from the news page and I cant believe that anyone could do such an awful thing to that gorgeous kitty. I must say I agree with you as to the punishment.. Thay should be locked in a room with a lot of animal lovers and rolled in huge amounts of duck tape. But it must be pulled of slowly .. I am glad it had a happy ending and that the little one is doing well.. Hugs GJ x

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We saw this a while back. It was just terrible. We are so glad the kittycat is OK now.

~ Napoleon and Malachi

us4 cats said...

i dont even have the words fcor this. i am heartbroken. what is wrong with the human race. i cannot believe the law enforcement would even allow the 'owners' to claim this cat. why would they even consider giving 'sticky' BACK to those people. this cat needs alot of attentoin and kisses for now and then be eventually adopted into a GOOD family.

Daisy said...

Poor little Sticky! I am glad that she is doing well now and I hope that they will catch whoever did this terrible thing to her.

Noll's Nip said...

As happy as I am for Sticky, I am sad too because I realize for every Sticky, there is another cat or dog who is not so lucky.

MoMo said...

It is quite a sickening thing to do to a poor animal. i do agree similar punishment should be given to these sadistic individual(s). Glad to hear that Sticky has recovered from her ordeal.

Agnes said...

My goodness, I don't even know what to say. So glad she is safe.